Why not ban everybody?

Options
Bookers23
Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
They banned lance Armstrong for life and stripped him of all his titles. Why not strip arod, Clemons etc of all their hits, wins etc? Take away the rings, credit opposing teams with wins. What's fair is fair right? I'm undecided on how I feel about lance but feel strongly that people should be able to separate his cycling from humanitarian work.

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Life isn't fair.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Life isn't fair.

What she said
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Yeah I still respect the guy, but I completely agree with how wrong it was to strip him.

And life isnt fair. If it was it wouldn't be livestrong, it'd be liveFITBETO.
  • kelgalon
    kelgalon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm undecided on how I feel about lance but feel strongly that people should be able to separate his cycling from humanitarian work.

I completely agree with you here. I rode in the livestrong race a couple of weeks ago and at least everyone was supportive of him during that.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I don't really care about him getting stripped. I wouldn't mind seeing him naked. :) I do however think that it's hard enough to raise money for humanitarian efforts and if he can get it done, LET HIM!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.jpg
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    They banned lance Armstrong for life and stripped him of all his titles. Why not strip arod, Clemons etc of all their hits, wins etc? Take away the rings, credit opposing teams with wins. What's fair is fair right? I'm undecided on how I feel about lance but feel strongly that people should be able to separate his cycling from humanitarian work.

I think it gets a litte more complicated in baseball, as it is a team sport. Taking away wins, etc... effects other people.

The best thing is that none of these D-bags will ever get in the Hall of Fame. Think about that. The guy with the most home runs in the history of baseball....will never be in the HOF. Ha. Love it.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Boo-hooo. I mean, I suppose he has already paid the ultimate price for the crap he did, seeing as he only has one ball now. However, each sport his it's own governing board to make these decisions . . . maybe this is the only one that really means what they say instead of just saying it and then giving everyone a pass.
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    I think the morality police should not be able to change history. If someone cheated and won and it was not discovered at the time, oh well..move on. Specifically regarding Lance, ok so they stripped all his wins, medals, success, he is still known by practically every single adult in the civilized world as a great athlete and has amassed a substantial amount of money that they can't take back, so who does it hurt to change the history books? Certainly not Lance.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    By your logic, we should strip Willie Nelson of all his awards, too.
  • Bsexi88
    Bsexi88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I still support him bc everybody knew that anyone with cancer + chemo isn't in the best shape of their life, they used him to their profit and threw him under the bus, train, whale and any humongus thing you can throw someone under. They can't take his inspiration to others.
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I HATE that they took his titles, jerseys, and are asking for the prize money back. I LOVE that they did not award the titles to the second place finishers in each year, ESPECIALLY since half of them are now admitted dopers who have not been stripped of any of their titles. It was a witch hunt. Whether true or false, he was unfairly treated compared to how other cyclists are treated.

I'm a cyclist and a triathlete, and I thik any sport is better for having him in it. Plus, I agree with other posters, let him keep raising money for cancer! How is that bad for anyone? His foundation website is great for useful, accurate info about health and wellness. I'm a fan and always will be.

LOL on the Willie Nelson comment above :)
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I dont think we should. i tend to agree that if you got away with it at the time, then you cannot change history. learn from it and move on. I just dont like how other leagues/governing bodies bend the rules to their needs when it comes to this. I actually dont care if lance took everything under the sun, he did the near impossible winning that many titles in a row at such a rigorous event. his natural talent and ability overshadows any PED use i believe.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, a LOT of those cyclists were doping, he wasn't the only one.....BUT, he was the fastest, and the winner, over and above the other dopers. Still a win.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I agree that they should go after everyone they catch.

Armstrong deserves every bit of public shame which he receives. He's a cheater and a liar. And also a ringleader for the whole thing, it seems.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Jim Thorpe was the guy that really got screwed, not Armstrong.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    By your logic, we should strip Willie Nelson of all his awards, too.

WillieNelson_finger.jpg