Making weight tomorrow

Options
I've got a power lifting competition tomorrow and I'm trying to make weight for the 181 class. I weighed 189.4 yesterday in gym clothes post-workout. Four weeks ago I weighed 190.2 in the same condition and the next day weighed 187.1 in just compression shorts and a 2-hour dry-out before my bod pod test. Today will feature a lot of gum chewing and spitting. Maybe some hot tub tonight. Here we go!

Replies

• McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Good Luck

kalena.jpg
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    good luck!! In HS I made my sub-148 weight (came in at 147.5) by not eating the day before, drying out like crazy, spitting like a fiend..............but that was the difference between a trophy and no trophy! In the next class I wouldn't have stood a chance...........
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Good luck sir. I've heard awesome things about hours in a sauna and/or hot tub. Worst case scenario, you could always hit the laxatives, but I am just not a fan of that method for really obvious reasons.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    To cut 10 lbs of water weight I usually hit the mats with a hoodie on and shorts. In about 45 minutes I can cut 5-7 lbs no problem. Then the final 3 I piss out before weigh ins that night/ next morning. No food.
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Good luck sir. I've heard awesome things about hours in a sauna and/or hot tub. Worst case scenario, you could always hit the laxatives, but I am just not a fan of that method for really obvious reasons.

Yeah, laxatives plus max effort squatting equals disaster!

Thanks guys.