I HATE MY SCALE!

Options

Replies

• DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Stay on track! You may be gaining muscle and replacing fat = ) Feel free to add me. I like to stay POSITIVE in my comments:smile:
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    Feel free to add me, also don't worry too much about the scale. I haven't lost any significant amount of weight since May. I lose or gain monthly, but my weight stays in the 129-133 range always. I have however gone from a size 6 to a 3 (which I now have room in) in that time. I am a real life example of losing inches and toning while staying same weight!
  • fitnessQueenUK
    fitnessQueenUK Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me:smile:

I hear you when you talk about the scales its a total love hate relationship with mine lol xx

31536550.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • bmule18
    Options
    If you're looking for quick results, I would highly recommend the ketogenic diet. Some may say that it's risky, but honestly, it's not. It's also incredibly simple! You just eat less than 20g of carbs per day while watching your calorie intake. I've been on this diet for 7 weeks now and have lost 52 pounds. I personally tend to lose around a pound a day. sometimes more.

On the note of motivation, as you see the scale quickly drop and notice the changes in the mirror, you're more likely to stay on this diet.

It's definitely something to look into.

Best of luck!
  • Chellie_Bellie
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm here on and off all day. And weight fluctuates all the time, go by measurements and how clothes fit as well. You can do it, just take a deep breath and stick with it.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Scales can eat a deck!
  • klindemoen17
    klindemoen17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • MrsMaui27
    MrsMaui27 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can add me! :flowerforyou:
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and yes it is hard to stay motivated.. especially whenever you worked your butt off consumed less calories than your allowed and the scale goes up a couple. makes you want to say wtf. I'm on here everyday and need motivational friends. :)

Your body loses weight in chunks, not linear. I have found that you can do everything right and your weight loss seems to plateau but if you are patient and keep exercising and eating at a deficit (however slight) you will lose it, it will suddenly "whoosh". There are so many variables for the scale; water retention, digestion, hormones, allergies, sodium, carbs, water intake, DOMS, inflammation, the list goes on. People mistakenly think they lose or gain weight when they eat more or less because of these fluctuations.

Losing weight requires tremendous patience. You will not lose it when you want it or where you want it. The body does its thing. Some apparent plateaus can last a month or so. You cannot make it happen faster. You must focus on two things; calories and exercise. Nothing else matters. Scales and metrics don't matter. The day in and day out grind of exercise and calories are all that matters. It is not very exciting until things fall into place. You get your victories and you ride one victory to the next.

The scale is a trend tool. The scale is good but put it away and only check once a week and only use it as a trend tool. It will fluctuate, it does not matter. Take front side and back progress pictures at least once a month. You will see differences that the metrics won't tell you and it's that little bit of NSV that will keep you going until the next victory.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Just remember that scales aren't always your friend. I love it when my clothes feel looser than ever but the scales says I have gained.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Don't eat less than 1200 cals or you'll hit "starvation mode". Very touch subject on this website.
    "Now don't start that again..." Vulture on the Jungle Book...
  • afdaugherty
    Options
    The scale seems to know when we most want it to show we lost weight and then tricks us and says we gained a pound. It can be a very emotional ride, our relationship with our scales. Put the scale away. In the back of your car, in your garage, somewhere you can't easily get to it. Only weigh yourself once a week and take some advise from someone who has struggled her whole life with weight loss and is now finally "getting it". Don't be in a hurry to lose weight. You will get discouraged and give up. Set a reasonable goal per week or you will immediately go into "starvation mode" . Also remember the motto "everything in moderation and exercise". You can do it!!!!!!!
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I got mad at my scale once and literally picked it up and dropped it. I am trying to be kinder to my scale now and not weight after drinking. lol. You are welcome to add me. Great support team here.
  • carolinagirl0
    carolinagirl0 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. We all need motivation and support.
  • IndahDewan
    Options
    add me if you want. i need motivation on my side too. .:)
  • RLehotsky
    RLehotsky Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love to cook but I am not really an eater as long as I stay home and not leave the house which six out of seven so on the seventh I go shopping and out to eat with my husband. most of the time I cook. and I am not a junk food eater. That is why I don't ubderstand is how I could be 50-60 pounds over weight. I tried to tell the doctor but she just looked at me as if I was lying. As for the scale I am going to ignore it except on Tuesday I believe that day will be the weigh in and also log measurements.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Faithfully and accurately log your food. PRINT IT OUT. Take it into the doctor if it's as low as you say. It could be that you have a hypoactive thyroid. There are tests for that. *HUGS* Doctor's that don't listen to what you're saying upset me, A LOT. It might be time to find a new doctor.
    I love to cook but I am not really an eater as long as I stay home and not leave the house which six out of seven so on the seventh I go shopping and out to eat with my husband. most of the time I cook. and I am not a junk food eater. That is why I don't ubderstand is how I could be 50-60 pounds over weight. I tried to tell the doctor but she just looked at me as if I was lying. As for the scale I am going to ignore it except on Tuesday I believe that day will be the weigh in and also log measurements.
  • ceceoplaymate
    ceceoplaymate Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Keep logging all your food and exercise, you will see a difference soon enough! :))) add me if youde like! :)Lacey
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • shannonmci
    shannonmci Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Add me too if you'd like!!