Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein

Options
Hi MFPers! I am looking at getting "Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey" protein powder. Has anybody tried this?? I googled "Best whey protein powders" and this was #1 per Bodybuilding.com but I'd like some personal opinions (good or bad) if anybody can offer any! Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• amc119
    amc119 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I use the chocolate one and mix it in the 15cal almond milk. I love it!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Yup- it's my personal favorite. Double rich chocolate is my favorite (I mix it with unsweetened vanilla almond milk). Mocha cappuccino is also really good.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Yup- it's my personal favorite. Double rich chocolate is my favorite (I mix it with unsweetened vanilla almond milk). Mocha cappuccino is also really good.

....also tried the vanilla ice cream flavor. If there was a little smiley that puked, I'd insert it here.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi MFPers! I am looking at getting "Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey" protein powder. Has anybody tried this?? I googled "Best whey protein powders" and this was #1 per Bodybuilding.com but I'd like some personal opinions (good or bad) if anybody can offer any! Thanks! :smile:

It's def a solid product, but personally don't care for it's taste compared to others on the market
  • joeecce
    joeecce Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use the vanilla & blend it with almond milk & a banana. Don't know whether it helps or not but it tastes fine. Give it a try.
  • kkauz42
    kkauz42 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting the Cookies & Cream but I know that can be a far cry from a good taste sometimes....I may have to stick with Chocolate lol
  • conraj74
    conraj74 Posts: 182
    Options
    Thats my brand of choice. I had caramel mocha last time. Well it was carmel something. However, it was pretty good.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    yep. shop around too. it[s super expensive at places like gnc
  • bigblue92710
    bigblue92710 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Typically Bodybuilding.com or vitamin shoppe.com has it for cheap. Never pay full price for the stuff.
  • kkauz42
    Options

Typically Bodybuilding.com or vitamin shoppe.com has it for cheap. Never pay full price for the stuff.

I found it for a pretty good price on Vitacost and thanks for the help everyone!
  • TrainSweatEatSleep
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Platinum HydroWhey Protein
    Turbo Chocolate
    Cookies & Cream
    Velocity Vanilla
    Chocolate Peanut Butter

Put mixer/shaker on top of Digital scale, tare digital scale, scale out 39 grams of hydrowhey.
    Get another cup
    tare scale
    scale out 12 ounces of Almond milk, 1% milk, 2% milk, water, or whatever you'd like and mix.

I paid $38 for Platinum HydroWhey Cookie's & Cream at a local "Mass Nutrition" store.
    I mix it with almond milk and it's delicious.

Don't forget to log it in your MFP diary to get all the nutrition facts.
  • geoffers12
    geoffers12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ive used this stuff pretty consistently....stick with the chocolate, its safe. Don't over dilute it or it tastes on the not so great side...

ENJOY!

-G
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    That's what I use... the vanilla flavor. I love it. I mix it with ice and orange juice :)
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Yeap, Rocky Road is my Fav w/ Chocolate Mint next. I get mine from Vitacost (52.99 for the 5lb tub - free ship). I use it in my protein drinks (ON fitness fiber + ON Whey + Silk Unsweetened Almond milk) and to make my own protein meal bars.
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yup I love the stuff! My favorite flavors are Double Chocolate and Cookies & Cream.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've been using the Optimum Nutrition 100% Natural Whey for about 9 months. I prefer the natural line because it has no artificial flavors or sweeteners in it. I get the Chocolate and Vanilla.

I usually mix it will some ON 100% Casein Protein.
  • t2kburl
    t2kburl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I use this regularly. I think it is best used as a post weight lifting meal replacement as it contains the BCAAs and glutamine your muscles are starving for along with the protein.
    Cookies & Cream is ok, but I like the French Vanilla and chocolate better.
    Mocha Cappuccino will be next.

I tried a couple of other brands and they either have other crap in them you don't want or taste horrible.
  • kkauz42
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I just placed my order w/ Vitacost. I'm trying the Extreme Milk chocolate. I got a 2lb case for just over $25
  • kkauz42
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Platinum HydroWhey Protein
    Turbo Chocolate
    Cookies & Cream
    Velocity Vanilla
    Chocolate Peanut Butter

Put mixer/shaker on top of Digital scale, tare digital scale, scale out 39 grams of hydrowhey.
    Get another cup
    tare scale
    scale out 12 ounces of Almond milk, 1% milk, 2% milk, water, or whatever you'd like and mix.

I paid $38 for Platinum HydroWhey Cookie's & Cream at a local "Mass Nutrition" store.
    I mix it with almond milk and it's delicious.

Don't forget to log it in your MFP diary to get all the nutrition facts.

Thank you, thank you!! I will have to keep those flavors in mind for sure! I always use my scale to measure everything too!
  • Alice_H
    Alice_H Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Depending on what sort of eating you're engaging in...ON Chocolate makes a pretty decent pudding when mixed with heavy cream. Heavy on the calories and fat, but if you're doing keto it's good stuff.