Hanging abdomen!!

Options
2»

Replies

• KateRepine
    KateRepine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    So glad to know that I'm not the only one - I hate mine so much! It is the only reason my pants don't fit!!! My legs are fine . ..
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You get used to finding undies that suck it in :tongue:
  • dallasgrl46
    dallasgrl46 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    First... what does it mean when people post "Bump"?

They say that the first year is weight loss and the second your body transforms and adjusts, I have lost weight in the past and you go thu a period of your skin hanging but it does adjust, keep the skin moisturized!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how much weight you had to lose.Mine was small so it is going away but I don't expect perfection after 4 abdominal surgeries and being 50 pounds overweight.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I stress about how much loose skin I might end up with. And as much as vanity does play a role in my weight loss goals, I know I'd rather be healthy living with a little hanging skin than dead. So I try not to worry about, whether I have it or not, I know I'll still be better off.
  • linzisparkles
    linzisparkles Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    A trainer told me that it takes approx. 2 years for healthy skin to bounce back. I hope that is true!
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Mine is getting better, but don't think it will be as good as I want it.
    Being 265+ pounds, AND two big babies... I think the elasticity of my skin is GONE!!

I do moisturize, workout and eat in a deficit most of the time.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I'm already at goal weight. Mine is still there plus a little extra right in the middle. After my skin being that stretched for 19 years it's not going easy. It's slowly shrinking but not as much as I'd hoped. Tummy tuck I'm not against.... and I can get it done free so I'm not worried about $$$ of it.... problem is that I don't want to have to not exercise after it..... so I don't mind having it....but would prefer to work it out rather than cut it out.

Let's hope ppl are right about it going over time.... cause I still had that pregnancy belly 19 years later.... could be 2 late for me.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

They say that the first year is weight loss and the second your body transforms and adjusts, I have lost weight in the past and you go thu a period of your skin hanging but it does adjust, keep the skin moisturized!

Everywhere else on the entire internet, it means "bring this thread to the top of the stack by virtue of having the most recent post". So if someone asked a question last week and no one answered, and they don't want the thread buried, they post "bump" which brings it to the top of the 'most recent' stack.

Here at MFP it means "follow this thread" since any thread you post on becomes one of your followed threads.

Just a weird quirk.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Ok, when I first started I lost a lot of weight relatively quickly and for several months looked like a melting ice cream sculpture. However, as the months have gone by and a lot of exercise as well my "apron" is beginning to at least not hang out past my hips, lol.
  • the_new_robin2016
    the_new_robin2016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i went from 256 lbs to 172 lbs (still loosing) and my stomach isn't that bad. my secret? Time. I have lost my weight over the course of 2 years. as my body slowly got smaller my skin was able to slowly get tighter. if you lost your weight fast it's going to take some time to get back to normal, but it will get there eventually. you can try moisturizers or bio oil to help the progress along. but it will take Time.

Here's some pictures to show. unfortunately i dont have photos of what my stomach used to look like, but i can promise you it wasn't pretty! And i'm also a mother of 1 with stretch marks that went past my belly button!

Robin2010.jpg

From256to175.jpg

septrobin2.jpg

Sideandfrontview.jpg
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I've lost 100+ pounds before and kept it off for the better part of a decade before. The apron is an ugly fact of life. Some people (usually younger and not as overweight) get a good result. Some of us don't. You won't know until you've maintained a few years. All you do is lose the weight and cross your fingers.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I have this issue too but it is improving. I am very close to target weight and still have a roll of loose skin. I have had 3 children one 9lb7 and twins both over 7lb so it is not going to go back easily or quickly. My plan of attack is lift heavy weights and cardio to drop BF%. It will take time but I am determined to get there.
  • dallasgrl46
    Options
    Thank you for explaining that! Wasn't sure what was going on :)
  • dallasgrl46
    Options

Everywhere else on the entire internet, it means "bring this thread to the top of the stack by virtue of having the most recent post". So if someone asked a question last week and no one answered, and they don't want the thread buried, they post "bump" which brings it to the top of the 'most recent' stack.

Here at MFP it means "follow this thread" since any thread you post on becomes one of your followed threads.

Just a weird quirk.

Thank you for explaining htat, wasn't sure what was going on.
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    I call it my THIRD BOOB :grumble:
  • lisao62
    lisao62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I thought I was going to have my foldover belly forever. I was happily wrong! While it's still there, it's about half what it was. It's leaving me slowly but surely! I can wear a bikini now while 6 months ago, there was just no way.

Hang in there. Heh. No pun intended. :smile:
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    i went from 256 lbs to 172 lbs (still loosing) and my stomach isn't that bad. my secret? Time. I have lost my weight over the course of 2 years. as my body slowly got smaller my skin was able to slowly get tighter. if you lost your weight fast it's going to take some time to get back to normal, but it will get there eventually. you can try moisturizers or bio oil to help the progress along. but it will take Time.

Here's some pictures to show. unfortunately i dont have photos of what my stomach used to look like, but i can promise you it wasn't pretty! And i'm also a mother of 1 with stretch marks that went past my belly button!

Robin2010.jpg

From256to175.jpg

septrobin2.jpg

Sideandfrontview.jpg
    I have lots of stretch marks and I could deal with these results! Thank you :]