What's the Point??

Options
1ConcreteGirl
1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
Hello mean people of MFP!

Real question time. What's the point of cat-calls, wolf whistles, and driveby hoots and hollers? These things happen to me a lot, and inquiring minds want to know: what is the purpose of that sort of thing?

Does it have no practical purpose? Or does the offending party actually expect the woman he whistled at to be so flattered she will run after his surely-dilapidated vehicle to provide the digits that when entered telephonically will automatically connect him to her, that is, her beautiful-azz number?

Thanks in advance for answering. I luh you.

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have often wondered this myself.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I had a Presbyterian minister say this to me "In a healthy society a woman would be able to walk down the street and be whistled at (or cat call, horn blown etc) and not be molested. Unfortunately, we don't live in a healthy society."

Dunno if this helps. I usually ignore them (when they did happen, not too much of that today for me) or respond in kind.

Honestly, I think it's an appreciation for beauty or loveliness...but not being a guy, I wouldn't really know.
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I love you for this part...

"...to provide the digits that when entered telephonically will automatically connect him to her, that is, her beautiful-azz number?"

...and I too wonder this.
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I answer by thrusting my pelvis and then drumming my hands across my lower abdomen, whilst staring at them.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    4bOxZ.png

Doesn't bother me. I take it as a compliment and move on.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Hello mean people of MFP!

Real question time. What's the point of cat-calls, wolf whistles, and driveby hoots and hollers? These things happen to me a lot, and inquiring minds want to know: what is the purpose of that sort of thing?

Does it have no practical purpose? Or does the offending party actually expect the woman he whistled at to be so flattered she will run after his surely-dilapidated vehicle to provide the digits that when entered telephonically will automatically connect him to her, that is, her beautiful-azz number?

Thanks in advance for answering. I luh you.

How YOU doin?
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Are you sure they're not just trying to tell you that you have some TP stuck to your shoe or something?
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    *wolf whistles*

call me, maybe?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    Are you sure they're not just trying to tell you that you have some TP stuck to your shoe or something?

Haha! MYSTERY SOLVED!

And in case it wasn't clear from my OP, it doesn't really bother me, I just want to know if there's an expected response to this sort of thing...
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Me when I get whistled/cat called at

HljKB.gif

Not like I would actually reciprocate, but I still take it as a compliment.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    4bOxZ.png

Doesn't bother me. I take it as a compliment and move on.

^^^ LMAO!!!

Really it is just boys being boys. It is us letting you know that you are hot, good looking, ect. This does not mean that we want to be chased after...but just an acknowledgement that we noticed ya.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options

HljKB.gif

This is amazing. I'm taking tips from you.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options

HljKB.gif

Same.. then when I realize it was for the chick walking behind me..

tumblr_ma7xy0V0nP1rwiv8j.gif
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    howling-wolf-a.gif
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lp6f488dYk1qhkj0po1_500.gif

Hey baby! BOINNNG!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    " These things happen to me a lot,"<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LMAO!!! LOTS OF DUDES CHECKING YOU OUT HUH? YOU MUST BE PRETTY HOT.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Hasn't happened to me in years, so...I'm probably no help here. I think they mean it as a compliment, though.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    my guess is there looking for a response, and if a girl responds it's like...

dumbanddumber_small.gif
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    will run after his surely-dilapidated vehicle

Hahaha. Always true!

I think they're just annoying people. Not the most respectful way to address someone, probably just meant as a compliment. Immature and lame.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    will run after his surely-dilapidated vehicle

Hahaha. Always true!

I think they're just annoying people. Not the most respectful way to address someone, probably just meant as a compliment. Immature and lame.

This has always been my opinion. I'll take the compliment, but yeah. Lame.