Not new but seeking some new friends . . .

Options
Hi -- quick profile: 45, on MFP for 130 days, down 16 lbs -- about a lb a week. Love the site but need some new /additional friends for motivation. Prefer people that are interested in steady but slow weight loss, life changing habits, mid life issues. If you don't eat more than 1200 calories please don't respond. I am not judging but we just won't relate to one another. If you don't work out or think you can lose 20 lbs in a month - please don't respond. Again, not judging but I won't be a good match for you.

I log in and post comments everyday so I can promise consistency and substance. I will open my diary for friends but not to public . . . just too much sharing for me. Live in NJ so living through Hurricane hell right but connect whenever I can.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Replies

• janeelizabethhoff
    Options
    Hi, I am 49, started working out about 3 months ago, working with a trainer. I have lost 18 inches and a total of acbout 15 lbs. I really haven't been very diligent about my eathing habits until the past month, but I am getting better and learning lots of things about myself. My goal is to keep my calories around 1500, sometimes it's less, sometimes more. My goal is to loose 1 to 1 1/2 lbs a week. I have lost weight before only to gain it back. I don't want to loose too fast, because this time I want to KEEP it off. I'm hoping a slower loss and a real life change will make that happen.

You can add me if you like. I check in regularly.
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Totally understand those "mid life issues"!! Love you profile "pic" too! Add me if you'd like.
  • jekissa729
    Options
    Hi! You can add me if you like! I've been on MFP for over 60 days and always give positive feedback (try to daily). I'm also looking for new friends. I hope you are staying warm in NJ. I live in eastern pa so we just have power outages!.
  • kim70fl
    kim70fl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for some support. On slow weight loss that is the result of consistent long term changes. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can keep each other going
    Kim
    (I am 42 with about 40 pounds to lose)
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am 44 and have a few more pds to go to my goal. Have changed the way I was eating for the most part and trying to work out daily. feel free to add me. I am in RI and we were hit pretty hard for this area due to the storm but even with seeing the news reports can't even begin to imagine what you are all going thru. My thoughts are with you!
  • tschipman
    Options
    Hi Jane Elizabeth,

My name is Tisha and I just joined yesterday. My goal is to lose about 50 pounds just exactly how you said...slowly so that I can keep it off! I really need to change my daily eating habits! I would love to have a friend to help keep me going! Like you I have also lost weight before and gained it back---twice actually!

I am 49 years old and also am seriously going through mid-life issues! I have been a stay at home mom for many years and it is time to think about going back to work..the children are growing up and moving on! (But I still have 2 young ones at home ages 11 and 9)

I do love to hike and bike...I love the gym too, but not always the 15 minute drive to get there. So I have not been a consistent gym person. But I might get back to it this winter.
    MFP put my calories at about 1500 too. I have done weight watchers, so I'm not used to calories yet. 1500 sounds like a lot, but then I've already had 1200 today, so maybe not!

Sorry about the storm. I was raised in Conn, but am now in Utah. The weather is great here...and it will get better for you, too. It's a long haul though. It looks a mess in NJ! Wish we were there to help!

My MFP name is TSChipman. I am just learning this site, so please add me as a friend!

Looking forward to it

Tisha
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Hello there,

I'm 39, turning 40 this month :bigsmile:. I've been on MFP for a year now, and just love this site. If it wasn't for my friends list (that on purpose I keep very small - less means quality for me) I probably wouldn't still be here. I love to cheer people up and give them a thumbs up, and certainly appreciate the same from my friends. Since I start running, I've lost about 35 pounds, 15 on those with MFP. I try to log my food everyday, but I'm my own boss, working from home, I've got horses, and all kind of animals, and often, I just don't log anything. Not because I hate to much, but just because I'm totally exhausted when I came back in the house, and probably didn't eat enough on those days. You may add me if you want. I'm always looking for supportive friends. :wink:
  • tlp148
    tlp148 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    46 single mom of 2 very busy kids, I've been logging 305 days exactly! 31 pounds down and slowly, consistantly progressing. And... I live totally in the real world. I exercise when I can and try to eat well the majority of the time. Life gets in the way and I'm not perfect but I will keep going until I reach my goals physically, mentally and medically. Feel free to add me if you would like I don't keep very many friends on MFP and I only open my diary to friends as well.
  • Colleenb_2012
    Options
    Everyone add me we can never have enough support :D
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    ADD ME!!!

I'm 41 and I'm almost there, down 36lbs with 4 left to go but the hardest part is maintanance!!! Been on my journey since January 2012 and I've worked hard at it, just now don't want to slip.
  • tammytomrell
    Options
    Hi my name is Tammy and I just started yesterday. I need friends.
  • WinCherry
    WinCherry Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm new too MFP. I've just completed my first week and i'm doing well. Add me as a friend if you wish. Everyone needs some support.
  • tammytomrell
    Options
    Good for you. Keep up the great work.
  • damiengarber
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm open to finding some new friends on here too!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Just deleted a bunch of non-responsive people and always welcome dedicated folks who care not only about themselves but their mfp buddies too. I have achieved my goal weight and maintained it for 4 months now, and eat pretty much what i like as I burn ny calories after discovering running, and looking to add some weights/strength. I make a point to comment on all my friends who are active.

anyone, please feel free to add me.
  • MbiggsHFD319
    MbiggsHFD319 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like; I am 41 and started my journey to healthy living in late 2009. I am mostly on maintance now but still in toning mode too. Always looking for motivating friends to keep me on track.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Add me ! i need the support as well!
  • marceguerrero
    Options
    Hello; I am also new to MFP and originally from NJ. I also have loved ones that were in the path of Hurricane Sandy, my prayers are with you also.

I am 51, looking to lose 100 lbs over 1 year (lost 40plus already); so I also could use all the support I can get!!!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I eat a lot, workout regularly and I am taking my time with weight loss. I am almost up to 300 consecutive days on MFP.
  • fisher_jenn
    Options
    I think we would be a great friend match! Add me if you want. Have only been on about three-four weeks and have lost eight so far. I cannot imagine what you are going through right now....Superstorm Sandy...how awful. Take care and hopefully I will hear from you!