exercise and calorie intake

Options
Im a new member. I exercise 5-6 days/week burning between 600-700 calories in 90 minutes. When I add my burned calories it brings me up to consuming about 2000 calories/day. It seems like too much. I am trying to trust the tracker. Is there anyone who can attest to making sure you are consuming all your calories for the day to attain fitness/weight loss goals?

Replies

• gennyvieve
    Options
    yes--eat what it tells you!! i know it seems alot, but you have to account for what you are burning or your body will go into starvation mode....if you are eating 1200 and burning 600 then your body only has 600 to run on----totally NOT enough to function. it's hard to think you have to eat more to lose weight but trust me, it works!!! if you don't want to eat the whole amt they tell you that's understandable, i am usually 1-200 cal below what they tell me....
  • Spinlady
    Spinlady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im sure it is correct. (If not to low) You should actually be on a higher calorie diet. Reduce fat, ingest more fruit and vedgetables. Increse your calories so your body does not think it is being "Starved" your burning allot of calories. If your body thinks it is starved, your motabilism will slow... even with intense excersise, it goes into survival mode. I know it seems backwards... but it is true.
  • knotarg
    knotarg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding, support and advice. Trusting is touch sometimes! Today I am committing!
  • samseed101
    samseed101 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Give it some time and trust it. In the long run it's worth it. I can attest to that myself. There are some days where I burn well over 1,000 calories (days where I will lift, run a 5k, and then play some basketball or some other sport.) On those days I eat somewhere around 3,000 calories. Even after consuming all of those calories, I still end up losing weight. If i didn't make up for those 1,000 calories, i'd be putting myself in a bad situation. Eventually my metabolism would slow down, my body would start to burn muscle mass instead, and it would try to hold onto fat. That's NOT what you want to have to deal with.