Need a new book!

Beccaly2010
Beccaly2010 Posts: 10
edited September 20 in Chit-Chat
I had never been much of a reader until I saw HP Order of the Phoenix. Decided I had to read that book. Read the last of those books. Moved on to the Twilight series. I'm not a big fan of vampire stuff. Those books were pretty good though. My hands down favorite books as of right now are the Hunger Games series. I cannot wait until the last book comes out. I have read the first two twice and now am in serious need of another good book! Anyone read the Maze Runner? I just got a notice in from the library saying that book arrived for me. If that on turns out to be a dud, I'd like some other recommendations. :smile:

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    I am reading a series right now, the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. It's historical fiction, but very good. I kinda get lost in some of the historical stuff although it does have a point if you can remember all those details. But, the rest of the books are amazing. Very action packed and some smut I guess you could say. They are quite lengthy and there's like 6 in the series - I'm on 2. I've read 4 of them before and wanted to finish the series. I decided to reread the ones I've read before. You can check it out at your library if you think you might be interested.
  • Read all the Harry Potter books. They are so good! Do you like mystery? I really enjoyed James Patterson's Women's Murder Club series; they are the books with a number in the title. He has done eight in the series. Janet Evanovich is a bit more fun, yet has some mystery and adventure in them. There are 14 in the series; again, all the titles have numbers in them. Happy reading!
  • I love love love 'The Time Travellers Wife!'

It is a beautiful story, so wonderfully written!
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    I love youth novels like harry potter and twilight too. Some other good ones ; The Leven Thump series by Obert Skye, The Looking Glass Wars series, by Frank Beddor, and anything by Greggory Maguire. (I wasn't too fond of his book LOST though)
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Just read Lovely Bones and found it interesting and different.....I usually read Vince Flynn style books.

Thanks for the thread I was just thinking about finding some different books to read>:flowerforyou:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    I love love love 'The Time Travellers Wife!'

I actually have this book in waiting. When I'm done with my current book I get to read this. I can't wait!
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    I also love Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. I recently read The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield, The Kite Runner by Khalid Hosseini, and The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    I can't say I've ever ran out of books to read as an adult. My To-be-read pile has at least 30 books in it.

What are you into?

TC, have you read Brad Thor's stuff. His books are very similar to Vince Flynn's, in fact I get them confused sometimes.
  • Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, by Seth Grahame-Smith. I got it for Christmas, its pretty hilarious. It's Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, just if there were Zombies too. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams is also a great fun read. My all time favorite book is Slaughter-House Five by Kurt Vonnegut if you are looking for a classic at all (not as fun of a book, but a real must-read)

Grew up loving and reading Harry Potter but I'm pretty much completely disinterested in the idea of sparkly vampires.
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    I love Laurell K Hamilton books......they are soooo spicy!!! LOL I am addicted to reading, so I have read pretty much everything Fiction. I loved Patricia Cornell Books - Kay Scarpetta is the main character..her last couple weren't that great but the first 8 were amazing. Jennifer Weiner is also a pretty good author. Like I said, I love to read so if any of you have good Ideas, send them out please. I prefer books in a series......ie Janet Evanovich is Hilarious with Stephanie Plum!!!!! :) happy reading.
  • Another Diana Gabaldon fan here! I've read the whole Outlander series at least three or four times. I also loved the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series (the author's name is escaping me at the moment).
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    I have read some Brad Thor. Found them at the used book store and started out of order I need to get some more.

I am waiting for the latest Kay Hooper book. I preordered from Amazon and it should be here Thursday or Friday! Its about a group of psychic FBI agents. They are thriller (usually serial killer) and psychics who solve the crime and just for fun their is the romantic interest.

I need to write down some of the above ideas and get some of these.

I do most my reading while riding the stationary bike. I get lost and can burn 700-1000 calories during a reading-exercise session!:laugh: :laugh:
  • I love love love 'The Time Travellers Wife!'

I actually have this book in waiting. When I'm done with my current book I get to read this. I can't wait!

I could read it over and over again and never get bored! Have not seen the film for fear of spoiling the book!
  • Thanks Everyone!!! I am a picky reader, but I have read in almost every genre. I will definitely have to check out The Leven Thumps, The Outlanders and some of the others mentioned!

Here are some I recommend:

The River God By Wilbur Smith- Ancient Egypt setting, love story, action, betrayal

The Shape of Mercy By Susan Meissner- About the Salem witch trials

The Hungar Games By Suzanne Collins - Set in the future. Crazy, genius story!

Catching Fire By Suzanne Collins - 2nd Hunger Games book

The Secret By Julie Garwood - England vs. Scotland, friendship, romance
  • Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, by Seth Grahame-Smith. I got it for Christmas, its pretty hilarious. It's Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, just if there were Zombies too. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams is also a great fun read. My all time favorite book is Slaughter-House Five by Kurt Vonnegut if you are looking for a classic at all (not as fun of a book, but a real must-read)

Grew up loving and reading Harry Potter but I'm pretty much completely disinterested in the idea of sparkly vampires.

Pride & Prejudice and Zombies is a great one! I couldn't stop laughing. The next one in the series is Sense & Sensibility and Sea Monsters...I have it but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I hope it's just as funny!
  • Do u like political books?
  • How much weight r u trying to lose? No how much r u gonna lose? That is a better way of saying it! right?
  • i will be interested in seeing how on top of ur messages u r!
  • where r u from?
  • good luck on u goals
This discussion has been closed.