Thoughts on my diary?

Options
Hi everyone,

I wonder if you all would be kind enough to look into my diary. Please ignore previous dates, as today is the actual day I have started and also stuck with whats on my diary.

So basically I am 26, male, whos current weight is 197.4Ib so that's around 14.1 stones!! My height is 5ft7 My goal in weight is to be around 10 stones and 5 pounds. My limit is 1500 a day. My main concern is carbs. I keep going over them! Will this affect weight loss? I understand that people do go on a low carb intake, where they drop the pounds and fat more quicker. But I have realized that I am a big carb eater, and many of the fruits i eat have high carb amounts! In addition am I right in saying that its all down to calories at the end of the day?

I am open to your thoughts!!!

Thanks!

Replies

• lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    If you are only concerned with calories then consumption is just that calories... You seem to be consistently low in protein intake... If you are looking to stay toned then you may want to focus more on your macros and increase protein and cut the carbs... Use lower fat cuts of beef and other lean protein sources or vegan choices to get there. You will get a thousand different opinions. Do what is making you healthiest.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'd up your protein a bit. Try 1g/lb
    It should help make you feel full and help preserve muscle mass while dropping the lbs. Good luck!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat low carb, but I would shoot for at least double the protein that MFP recommends.
  • SophieSLP
    SophieSLP Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My first suggestion is to add some protein to your breakfast. Whether that be an egg in addition to your cereal or maybe some protein powder sprinkled on top. Do you like Greek yogurt?

Second.. I love fruit too. But it does have a lot of carbs and they add up quickly. Try limiting your fruit intake to 3 servings a day.

Love the addition of nuts and lentils. Looks like you have some good staples in there!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Second.. I love fruit too. But it does have a lot of carbs and they add up quickly. Try limiting your fruit intake to 3 servings a day.

Love the addition of nuts and lentils. Looks like you have some good staples in there!

Mixed messages
  • juhusun
    juhusun Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your messages so far!

They provide a good incite. So I need to try an increase my protein intake with the good kind of protein. And try lowering the carbs.
  • juhusun
    Options
    My first suggestion is to add some protein to your breakfast. Whether that be an egg in addition to your cereal or maybe some protein powder sprinkled on top. Do you like Greek yogurt?

Yeah I love Greek Yogurt and never thought of protein powder.. for some reason I always had the conception that they were for body builders LOL!!!

So protein powders/shakes would be a good way to increase protein?
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    So protein powders/shakes would be a good way to increase protein?

Yes
  • juhusun
    Options
    My current ratio is carbs 50% Protein 30% and Fat 20%

Should I keep this, and stay under carb goal? And make sure i get as close to protein limit as possible?
  • juhusun
    Options
    My current ratio is carbs 50% Protein 30% and Fat 20%

Should I keep this, and stay under carb goal? And make sure i get as close to protein limit as possible?

Or would carbs 45% proten 35% and fat 20% be more beneficial in loosing the weight.
  • TinkerbelleJ
    TinkerbelleJ Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    One random thing that I thought of, I LOVE weetabix and always used to eat them with some kind of sugar but when I stopped I realized how sweet they were on their own so I would so skip the honey on them :)

And I would eat dark bread instead of white :)
  • juhusun
    Options
    I think my diary today, is a slight improvement from yesterday!

I have ordered protein shake powder, as I feel this will help me to reach my protein goals much better!

:smile:
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I think my diary today, is a slight improvement from yesterday!

I have ordered protein shake powder, as I feel this will help me to reach my protein goals much better!

:smile:

The protein powder should be a great help. I like to make shakes, and add it to greek yogurt.
  • juhusun
    Options
    Yeah I am hoping to do the same too Kristie.:smile:
  • juhusun
    Options
    So apart from the Protein aspect, is there anything else that I need adjusting or changing based on my diary? I am open to further suggestions.

Also 1500 calories is fine? Planning on loosing around 1 to 1.5 lb a week
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I would think it you workout you could eat more than 1500, but I am no expert. Hopefully someone else will chime in on that one
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    its not bad, but I prefer anne franks.