Are the Skinny Girl Beverages Any Good??

Options
I was thinking of having a glass of wine tonight and I remember that there was a line of adult beverages out called skinny girl? Have you tried any? Which ones are good? Thanks.

Replies

• iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love them!
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    They don;t taste bad, but they are just expensive weak drinks. Buy real booze and mix with a quality sugarfree mixer, the cal count is the same but much less expensive.
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have only tried the Skinny Girl Margarita and I was not a fan. I LOVE Bethenny Frankel (the creator) so I wanted to love them, but unfortunately I did not.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm generally pretty forgiving with 'diet' products, but I couldn't choke down the Skinny Girl Margaritas. Blech!

It's the only one I've tried but it has put me off trying any of the others.

One alternative is Bob's line of drink mixes which are really good, or mixing your liquor of choice with ice water and any of the bazillion flavors of Crystal Light.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I've never had them, but if you're looking to mix drinks just use some diet soda and alcohol of your choice. I personally prefer vodka. Three Olives Pomegranate plus some diet cherry dr. pepper is SO good. It tastes like one of those sweet girly drinks but doesn't act like one :)

ETA: Make sure you weigh your alcohol though.. it adds up! I use about 3oz per drink + the dr. pepper.
  • stoneysoreal
    stoneysoreal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the skinny girl beverages...to me there not sweet at all...they have the skinny girl vodka that you have to cut..it's really strong...40% proof....then I also don't feel as guilty when drinking them...there only 95 cal. to me it's worth the money
  • lisamarie327
    lisamarie327 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I tried the white and wasn't a huge fan, but I guess it isn't bad if you're worried about the calories. I tried the rose too and it wasn't bad, although not my favorite either.
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    They don;t taste bad, but they are just expensive weak drinks. Buy real booze and mix with a quality sugarfree mixer, the cal count is the same but much less expensive.

^agree....or like someone else said, mix with diet soda
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    This right here. I just mix real booze (1-2 ounces) with Sodastream diet flavorings because I like sparkly drinks.

(I'm looking forward to when they offer flavors with Stevia instead of Splenda.)
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I've had the Skinny Girl margarita and wouldn't buy it again. It wasn't bad - just kind of syrupy - but there are so many tasty drinks out there why waste the money on something mediocre.

Grape vodka - diet tonic water - splash of Sprite Zero : tasty and lo-cal.
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light makes some really good mixers now and they are only 5 calories! Mix your booze with those and you have delicious low cal drinks!

I tried the Skinny Girl drinks and did not like them at all
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I've had the Skinny Girl Margarita at a girls night party and none of us really liked it. The taste was off and we ended up drinking other things and tossing the margarita at the end of the night.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Umm.. I've had the vodka, but it just tasted like vodka. Who cares what they taste like if they still get you drunk?! :drinker:
  • konekkobaba
    Options
    I like the margarita one enjoy =)
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've only tried the Skinny Girl Margarita. None of us girls having a girls night out liked it. It tasted weak and just.... ick. So we tried to add sour apple Smirnoff to it. That just made it even worse!
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    thank you all for your feedback. i'm thinking i'm glad i didn't run out and buy the margarita one. i'll work on trying some of the others later. :-)
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Try the Slim Bob Cosmopolitan mixer! It's DELICIOUS! 15 calories and 50% real juice. I made it with Vanilla Vodka and couldn't get enough!