Light Supper Ideas

Options
Hello! I have gotten into the habit of saving most of my "allowed calories" for the evening, mostly because I want to ensure I don't go over - but I have read that you should try and eat a LIGHTER meal for supper and limit your caloric intake in the evenings. Do any of you have good suggestions for light supper ideas? Soups, salads, seafood..anything! What are some of your "go to" evening meals? Also - I usually only cook for myself, I don't have children and my fiance typcially eats at the restaurant where he works. Thanks for your help!

Replies

• ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Why do you think it would matter if you have a big supper vs light supper? Doesn't matter when you eat your calories.
    I eat the majority of mine in the evening
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    If you WANT to do that, cool. You don't HAVE to. I eat more calories at dinner than breakfast and lunch combined almost every day. I just prefer it that way and I haven't had a problem losing.

My 2 cents.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    as long as you are hitting your calories for the day, i don't think it matters when ya get em.

my favorite low cal dinners are baked fish (tilapia) with english peas and brown rice or a vegetable soup.

Another low cal favorite dinner lately is butternut squash soup. I haven't made it yet this year, but pumpkin black bean soup will be hitting my rotation soon as well. I love seasonal food!
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Gosh I hope it doesn't matter when you eat your calories because I normally have my biggest meal at dinner time since I cook for me and my hubby.

But bump for the days that I don't have enough calories left for a big dinner.