Closing in one first goal, decided to say hi.

Hi everyone. My name is Dan. I've struggled with weight my entire life. I let myself get really bad these past few years. I almost reached as high as 390lbs. I decided to do something about it once and for all at the beginning of the year. So I had done ton of research and joined this site as well.

I have been logging my meals on and off, I'm starting to get back to the point where I log everything again. This site helped me in the first place to get an idea of portions and calories in my diet so for awhile I was kind of laxed on recording stuff. I've decided though that I should get back into it, because I started letting other things enter my diet.

Anyway I'm really close to the first written goal I set for myself. My goal was to weigh 280lbs on 11/15/12. I'm currently 11 pounds away. It's going to be tough to make it, but at least if I don't I can say "hey i got close and I still lost over 82lbs." It's not the end of my journey either, just something to let me know I'm making progress before I set a new goal weight.

I just wanted to say hi though. I lurk this site alot, but never really used the community portion so thought I'd see whats going on.

Replies

• brendasteve
    brendasteve Posts: 23 Member
    Awesome!!! I am fairly new to this site, but I must say it is the best thing i have ever joined :) It has so much good advice and support. I have a lot to lose also. Good luck, and just think you have come this far!!!!!! You must be so proud of yourself. If not, you should be! You can make it to your goal.... you are so close!
  • ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    Wow! Good for you! you are doing amazing! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • Incredible man. That's a testimony to your strong will power. I have no doubt you'll reach your final goal in the near future =D Your story is already inspiring, and will inspire so many more. I hope you took some before pictures and some along the way photos of your journey!
  • sisa1965
    sisa1965 Posts: 52 Member
    AWESOME..thanks for sharing your story!
  • gantou
    gantou Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks everyone. I didn't quite expect to get so many responses! I can see now why people post in the community. The support is awesome on here!