Best Protein Shakes for after a workout

Options
2»

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I've tried Syntha 6 by BSN. It's a powder that you add water to so it's pretty easy to make at work. It's VERY tastey.

I've also tried Premiere Nurtitions Chocolate Protein shake. That comes in it's own container so that might work also. It's a little pricey though......18 for $23 at costco.

They both taste delish in my opinion.

Ohhh I'm going to have to try the syntha, whats the best flavor? I use whey but I'm getting sick of it...

chocolate...its awesome

I second the chocolate, it's DELICIOUS.

For the on the go drinks, I'll use the EAS carb control. The chocolate fudge and dark chocolate is pretty good.

I third the chocolate! It's AWESOME!!

As far as hindering weightloss just make sure that it fits into your calories. The Syntha-6 is pretty decent on the nutrition.

200 calories
    6g of fat
    22g of protein
    15g carbs
    2g sugar
    5g of fiber

I have one for breakfast @ 8am and it keeps me full until lunch @ 12:15pm.
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    Lifeslim has delicious protein shakes , strawberry light, berry delight, choc mint!

cals:158
    protein: 15
  • femalearcher
    Options
    No, protein shakes are wonderful for weightloss!! You just have to do some research on em. There are alot of them that are full of sugar, these, in my opinion are weightloss hindering. As for the Synthia, i just didnt get what i needed from it.
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    Lifeslim has delicious protein shakes , strawberry light, berry delight, choc mint!

cals:158
    protein: 15

Where do you get those? LifeSlim?
  • roydavidson
    Options
    Weight loss is only possible where you are consuming less calories than you are burning, however it makes a big difference what food groups make up the calories you are eating. Protein is often deficient in your ordinary diet and this is often made worse when you make changes to your diet to cut calories. Protein is an ideal food to eat on a weight loss programme because it packs more nutrients into less calories and amongst many benefits reduces the amount of muscle tissue you lose during weight loss. Remember that muscle is metabolic and therefore burns calories and subsequently assists your weight loss. When you waste muscle you have to eat even less calories to lose the same amount of weight!
  • jlgarcia85631
    jlgarcia85631 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I do sometimes drink a protein shake after a work out or in place of a meal. Sometimes dont have time to eat will make a shake and grab a piece of fruit. I started of using slim fasts high protein shake....it was alright...but then I found jillian micheals whey protien shake. Purchased at walmart for 10 dollars. Tastes very good, not as sweet as slim fast, but i'm sure that is why it is healthier than slim fast. You can mix with water or milk. Here are the nutrition facts if anyone intrested.....

Jillian Micheal's Natural Whey Protien Triple Chocolate Shake

1 scoop per 6-8 oz of water or favorite drink

calories 100
    calories from fat 15
    total fat 2g
    saturated fat 0.5g
    cholesterol 45mg
    total carbohydrate 7g
    dietary fiber 3g
    sugars 3g
    protien 15g
    calcium 108mg
    phosphorus 105mg
    magnesium 20mg
    sodium 60mg
    potassium150mg

I mix with 1% milk and ice, still only 200 calories.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    BSN syntha 6 is my fav....and it tastes good
  • Meghan0129
    Meghan0129 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I normally use GNC amplified wheybolic extreme 60 mixed with water. The vanilla mixes better than the chocolate but doesn't taste as good. I recently switched based on a recommendation to Cytosport Whey Isolate - Pineapple Banana Protien. It tastes like a pina colada but doesn't mix well at all and had a substitute sugar after-taste. I would recommend the GNC Whey.
  • Candiceg13
    Options
    I use the GNC Whey, its got a good caloric/protein ratio and is reasonably priced!

I bought a shaker cup, so I throw my protein powder in a ziplock and just add water and shake when I am ready to have it!!!!
    And if you become a Gold member at GNC you get more deals/discounts...
  • nawagner
    Options
    Everything I have read suggests a post workout drink that is 4 to 1 carbs to protein. This is supposedly the best for endurance athletes.

Look at accelerade or endurox.