I eat fast food and wheats/grains every. Single. Day.

And I've lost almost 40 pounds since May (I use the gym machine three times a week and order the healthier things off the menu like a clever kitten).

So I was just wondering... Am I a unicorn? Because some of the posts today are ridonc. And I'm starting to wonder.

Replies

• Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    I eat oatmeal/cereal/granla/bread/pasta/potatoes etc. every day (obviously not all at once) and I feel great and lose weight and inches.
    I must be special as well :wink:
  • I think its about being comfortable in what you eat, not everybody is cut out to be a super health nut that have shakes in place of meals. I like my food real. I just try to make sure I don't eat too much of it. I think that's the way most people are since were not all 500 pounds.
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    :flowerforyou:
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    And I've lost almost 40 pounds since May (I use the gym machine three times a week and order the healthier things off the menu like a clever kitten).

So I was just wondering... Am I a unicorn? Because some of the posts today are ridonc. And I'm starting to wonder.

No, you're 23!

But seriously, anyone can lose weight with that kind of diet. Many people would find it not to be sustainable though. While you're losing weight and seeing results, you'll have high motivation. But eventually when you reach your goal weight and start maintaining, the motivation will likely wane. That's when food choices really begin to matter a lot. If you're going to fast food restaurants and eating lots of high glycemic index carbs, it's easy to put the weight back on.

That said, you're doing a great job with the exercise, which will help keep the weight off regardless of your diet.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member

You just wait until you're 35 at which point thermodynamics no longer applies to you and you have to resort to wizardry in order to continue making progress.

(notsrs)
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    I think most people who suggest not eating wheat do so because they are intolerant to it or suggest it because people are siting symptoms of a gluten issue.

YAY for you!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    I think most people who suggest not eating wheat do so because they are intolerant to it or suggest it because people are siting symptoms of a gluten issue.

YAY for you!

^ I wish this were the case, but sadly I think there's a good sized population of people that will claim these foods as bad regardless of an individuals tolerance level.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member

your BMI is unhealthy for a unicorn.

:D
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member

YAY for you!

^ I wish this were the case, but sadly I think there's a good sized population of people that will claim these foods as bad regardless of an individuals tolerance level.

I can only talk about it from the perspective of someone in the Celiac community, we - those that I talk to - don't encourage people to give up wheat without cause, it will create an intolerance withing a year (I believe I'm correct on that timeline), however about the medical community is suggesting up to 1/3 of the US pop has a wheat issue so we do encourage people to try it for a month and see how they feel. I don't see a lot of the "don't anyone eat it ever" but I also avoid the crazies.
  • tomsow
    tomsow Posts: 4 Member
    calories in and calories out! thats all that matters with losing WEIGHT... when you get down to a ideal weight in your mind and trying to maintain with increasing muscle or performance food choices are very important
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    imagesCATWJECK-1.jpg
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member

What does a clever kitten taste like? I've always wanted to try it, but opted for stupid dog instead....although it's always a bit ruff.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    imagesCATWJECK-1.jpg

This made me lol.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member

What does a clever kitten taste like? I've always wanted to try it, but opted for stupid dog instead....although it's always a bit ruff.
    That is how I read it the first time. Lol
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Yes.

Rottenecards_13571749_h42dvp8tk4.png
  • Its all about portion control and calories in calories out! I enjoy eating out and see no problem with it.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member

your BMI is unhealthy for a unicorn.

:D

bahahahahaha