Share your goal

Options
I know everyone wants to lose weight to be healthy, to fit into a certain pair of jeans, to look good naked, etc. Aside from that, my goal is to run a 5k, 10k and a marathon one day. Does anyone have anything that they want to do once they get to their goal weight?

Replies

• gil_u
    gil_u Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Run, either in a 5K, 10K, or one mile. Just be able to run and actually enjoy it.
    Wear a beautiful wedding dress for our 25th anniversary vow renewal in 3 1/2 years.
    Wear high heels again without my knees killing me.
    Have my students be able to touch their hands together around my waist when they hug me.
    Look in pictures and not cringe.
    Be confident when I wear a bathing suit.
    Be satisfied that I actually accomplished my goals!! :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I want to enjoy rubbing my own hands all over my body :laugh:

I'm pretty much at my goal weight. I could stand to lose a few more lbs but I'd rather add muscle first. I honestly just want to be strong and have stuff not jiggle. So my goal is <20% BF, 5 pull-ups, 50 push-ups and to kick @ss at Tough Mudder next June.
  • Tinker_and_Bash
    Tinker_and_Bash Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bungee jump
    Climb a mountain
    Learn to fly a helicopter
    Bare to Breakers nude run 2014
    Complete a triathlon
    Be able to work an 8 hour shift without my feet killing me.
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    Next year for my birthday, I plan to reward myself with a skydiving trip. I hope to be close to my goal of 78 pounds loss by then. I've been at this since April and am a little over half-way there now. (Oh, and I did my first 5k in two years last weekend. I was sore as heck after, but very proud.)
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to do what most people take for granted. To walk without having pain. To be able to go into a store and actually buy something off the rack instead of specaility stores. To be able to fit in an air plane seat. To be able to go to places that my size has kept me from due to the plain I am in when walking for to long such as the zoo, the museum, and many other things. I could go on and on with my goal but really they all relate to being able to do things that most people have no issues in doing.
  • gil_u
    Options
    I would also love to sky dive for my bday. That is next April. I should be able to get down enough to do it. I am extremely soar from doubling up on my workouts the last couple of days, but I have to keep it going.
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I am about 10 lbs away from my goal weight of 185. I ran my first half marathon last week. My next big goal is a complete an IRONMAN 70.3 by next July. I have a bunch of little goals to help me get to the big ones.

I think the single biggest mistake people make is not setting goals both short and long term and not constantly reevaluating them. My goals are what make me work hard and whether or not I reach them is of little consequence, it is the journey that makes me strong.
  • gil_u
    Options
    I am about 10 lbs away from my goal weight of 185. I ran my first half marathon last week. My next big goal is a complete an IRONMAN 70.3 by next July. I have a bunch of little goals to help me get to the big ones.

I think the single biggest mistake people make is not setting goals both short and long term and not constantly reevaluating them. My goals are what make me work hard and whether or not I reach them is of little consequence, it is the journey that makes me strong.

THAT IS AWESOME! Great job!
  • fitforlife0526
    fitforlife0526 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My goals are to lose 60 pounds, run a 5k and possibly a 10k. I just had a daughter and I want to be healthy and active for her.
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I completed one of the goals I was hoping to do when i lost weight when I was 210lbs a month ago - I ran a 5K (in 35 minutes). Now i'm working on competing in a 10K next year.

It may sound silly but my dream goal when I reach my target weight is to go on holiday with a fashionable selection of clothes to wear. I've only been on holiday twice abroad and both times I felt huge and even though it was super hot, I just wore jeans and t-shirts as i didn't like to show any of my body. I'm looking forward to being healthy and fit, looking 'good' and finally being fashionable and confident.

I already have my dream holiday planned out, roll on Jun 2013! :drinker:
  • gil_u
    Options
    I completed one of the goals I was hoping to do when i lost weight when I was 210lbs a month ago - I ran a 5K (in 35 minutes). Now i'm working on competing in a 10K next year.

It may sound silly but my dream goal when I reach my target weight is to go on holiday with a fashionable selection of clothes to wear. I've only been on holiday twice abroad and both times I felt huge and even though it was super hot, I just wore jeans and t-shirts as i didn't like to show any of my body. I'm looking forward to being healthy and fit, looking 'good' and finally being fashionable and confident.

I already have my dream holiday planned out, roll on Jun 2013! :drinker:

I have plenty of places I want to go to, but I haven't done so for the same reason. Also, it was already mentioned on here, some airlines will charge overweight people for 2 seats. That is the most embarrassing thing I can imagine happening to me. Well, probably second most. I had to struggle to fit into a roller coaster once, but that's beside the point. I wish everyone the best on their goals. They can all be achieved. Reading everybody's goals on here is inspiring, and it has given me more ideas on what I will do as I work towards my ultimate goal.