Newbie looking for friends & help!!!

Options
I joined MFP a couple of months ago but I did not start using it until this week. I don't have a ton of weight to lose. Instead of the "freshman 15" I have the Mid life 20!! I am short so 20 pounds can look like more than you would think. The fat is also distributed in unflattering places. I have gained just enough to not be able to fit into any pants from last year. That is very depressing because I have to live in jogging pants or pajama pants until I have some extra money to go shopping. You should see me in the morning getting ready for work, I try on a million outfits trying to get something to stretch. I have about 15 melt downs, I throw clothes all over the place, and eventually I end up wearing the same couple of pairs of black jogging pants. They are kind of boot cut so they sort of pass as pants that are work appropriate.

I try to stay positive & laugh at myself because i know my life could have bigger problems. I am grateful to have the life I do. I hope this site helps. I will need A LOT of motivation. I do have to say, I think the food tracker will help. I was amazed by the amount of calories, fat, and sugar I was taking in. I hope I will be able to help other people on MFP in return for their help.

Replies

• Stacyplus5
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I need to lose about 20 lbs, We can all use encouragement
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    Same here! Sent an invite! I want to go from 147 to about 125-120. I'm down 5.5 pounds, but we have the same goals! And that last twenty are the ones that support help the most for!
  • benedictanderson
    Options
    I am in the exact same boat! And it seems like every day I wake up with new determination, eat well during the day, and then eat really terribly-- WAYYY too much, at night. It's really allowing the weight to creep on, but I've been so stressed out that eating is how I deal with it. It's comforting at night. Ugh. But I think being aware of it will help me stop. It's time to stop, and I want to start over starting tomorrow and really commit to it. Add me!
  • sweethah75
    Options
    Benedictander That is exactly what I do!!!! I do wonderful ALL day & then from 8 PM on I eat like a starving pig. I have problems falling asleep too so I am up late. I will eat snacks from 8:00 until 1:00 or 2:00 AM. & its not healthy snacks either. So all the good I did did during the day is wiped out at night.
  • foodcallsme
    Options
    Hi there! Good luck...and welcome! Feel free to add me :)
  • Determinedkate
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I've got about 15lbs to lose to be able to fit into my normal wardrobe!