HELP?... Maybe just a JOY!

Options
So, I never measured myself when starting on this journey... I wish I would've, but anyways.. I have been around the same weight for almost 2 weeks, but gosh-darnit; my pants keep falling off! I can't wAlk at all without pulling them up, but its not a major difference, just a small one... I walk 40-55m per day, what else should I do to increase my weight loss? I am looking into buying those sketchers shape ups...

Replies

• shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thats a lot of walking. Can you work out more than once a day., or maybe switch to bike and change it up?
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Well, I spread my walking out: 10 minutes to get to the bus stop, 20-25m to walk from the train station to work, and the same for the way home.. & that doesn't include all the walking I am doing taking patients to the OR & stuff
  • bkeeldo
    bkeeldo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Try doing something else besides walking for exercise. Throw in some jogging or even change up where you walk so you have different terrain. Sometimes your body will get use to the same thing each day. It's like you have to add if different things to keep your body in weight loss mode.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I agree change it up a bit. I know the longer the longer the timeframe of excercise the more you burn. But the other walking you are doing is awesome too. The body gets used to things really quickly.
  • ANGELAWHALEY
    Options
    ok i dnt know how far 20-25m is. but i do know jillian says if its not 60min in a row you arent getting the full benifit because you dont get the afterburn where your body continues to burn calories even after you stop so try going for 60min at a time and maybe do run walk intervals. i have heard good things about c25. the couch potato to 5k program. they give you a system to follow to get going in the runing.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! I am gonna have to figure something out to switch up my excercise.. any ideas?