Feeling pretty bummed...

Options
13»

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you pay close attention to the advice that Sarauk2sf laid out. Then, I'd follow it.
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you pay close attention to the advice that Sarauk2sf laid out. Then, I'd follow it.

Agree with this.

At your size, losing 2 lbs per week is too much. You are only trying to lose 35 lbs. Your calorie deficits are destroying your energy levels and can impact your ability to lose weight. If you set it at 1 lb per week, you'll hit your goal in 9 months. People get impatient on this site and set unrealistic goals that fail. People spend years putting on weight and then want it gone in a month. Establishing a healthy lifestyle is more important than some instant gratification.

Ignore Pu and his talk about protein. It does matter but don't overdo it. I don't know if it is related, but I shed weight far easier now that I'm drinking two protein shakes a day than before.

Also, as someone else said, you might be better off not doing an aggressive everyday fitness routine. Get exercise 3-4 days a week and give yourself recovery days. And you'll see stuff on here about "eat more, lose more". It is true. I was at 1500 net calories when I was losing weight and struggled to lose. I took a week off and ate more while I was on vacation. Went back to 1500 net calories after I got back and shed weight like crazy.

Also, your diet really stinks. Dump as much of the sugar crap as you can. Kool-aid and regular pop? There are a hundred different alternatives for flavor packets that are far healthier than that. I buy flavor packets from Aldi that you mix into a half gallon of water that gives you 5 calories per 8 ounces and tastes great. Go buy yourself some baby carrots and fat free ranch dressing. Tastes good as a snack and relatively light on the calories. I also buy 100 calorie snack packs from Aldi that are a good alternative to unhealthier snacks. You are binge eating and studies have shown that spreading calories through the day is healthier than eating big meals.

Everyone says that "I'm different" and "my metabolism is slower" and all that. For many, that is true. For the vast majority, if they are honest with themselves, follow the basic rules, and show some patience......the math on this site works out.
  • malystrasza
    Options
    I'm sorry that some users felt they needed to mock your diet. When I asked, I thought perhaps your lack of energy could be coming from a lack of protein. At least for myself, I find myself feeling more energized with a higher intake of protein. Also MFP by default tends to set the protein ratio kind of low. I also haven't found success with TOO many carbs, so I offered that up as a suggestion to consider.

As many other users have said, follow Sara's advice. At the basic level it is calories in/calories out, but you would benefit from a more balanced diet too. If you're worried about sodium, cooking at home will help you control your intake. I, too eat on a budget, and you can find good deals at the market on veggies and meats. Stock up on meats when you catch them on sale. Sometimes you can find a pack of chicken breast or a nice cut of steak for cheap. Also, If you're a picky eater, just find a few staple foods you like and stick with those.

To help measure your food, you can buy a cheap food scale on Amazon. The lowest is about $5, but its not digital. I find it worth it since having a scale is useful and I find it fun to use.

Again, sorry your thread got derailed, but there is some solid advice here.

Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • diligentjosh
    Options
    Yeah, OP, you have to remember that this is a free website. With anything that is free, there will be a few bad apples. I deleted my old profile because I got sucked in and didnt like who I had "become." This one, I vowed to stay positive, and am discovering that it only is helping me.

As many have said, the nutrients that make up the calories is what counts. I know that 1 gram of protein makes up 4 calories, and also makes you fuller. I like protein because it helps keep me tone, and also, combined with carbs, makes me keep going at the gym. I busted my *kitten* at the gym this week (put myself through hell on the treadmill), and I lost 2 lbs since Monday. It does happen, if you let it work. But it is worth noting that no matter how healthy you eat, if you eat more than your body puts out, you will gain weight. So since you do not do much throughout the day, you need to change that.

As stated previously, because you are considerably less than a lot of people in weight, you will not lose as fast. All the same, what you do lose will take more effort than, say, me. I am no expert by any means, but I am learning progressively, and am reading up on nutrition. Best of luck to you!

p.s.--- check out what i have done in my blogs:
    Blog for Nov 1: I have realized what I have done in the past month without goals, to establish a baseline, and then set goals for the next month. I have them posted on my wall beside the door so that I see them and stay focused. I am a recovering smoker, so my aerobics are increasing by the day. I will have to run intermittently at first, and then I hope to be able to run solid miles.