Budget recovery drink

Options
Being a budget consious healthy eater does anyone know how to make your own muscle recovery drink or a resonably priced brand? By recovery drink I mean like the one you would drink after a hard workout or long run? Not a protein shake.
Thanks for any help!
Corbey

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I've read several places that recommend chocolate milk. Apparently, it has a good ratio of carbs/protein for recovery.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I've read several places that recommend chocolate milk. Apparently, it has a good ratio of carbs/protein for recovery.

Gee I will take any excuse to be able to drink chocolate milk. :bigsmile:
  • OddSquid
    OddSquid Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It's apparently true, as this isn't the only place I've heard that recommended. At least, anecdotally, anyway. I have yet to see any scientific research on it though.
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    My favorite is Powerade Zero. It is zero calorie, zero carb with vitamins and electrolytes. Its a nice hydrating boost without making you full.
  • Corbeya
    Corbeya Posts: 10
    Options
    The thought of thick choco milk after a hard workout makes me feel phlemy! :)
    I will do some research on this online and let you all know if I find any good ones!
  • Corbeya
    Corbeya Posts: 10
    Options
    It's amazing what you can find on the internet.....gonna give this one a try!

http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/sports-nutrition-recovery-drink-recipe-41261