NSV in the gym

Options
So I was in the gym yesterday afternoon when a woman who trains with the gym's scariest personal trainer came over and asked, "How much have you lost now?", so I told her about 6.5 stone and she said that's amazing and that she sees me in the gym and that I'm always training hard. To get this kind of feedback from someone who I see in the gym and am in absolute awe of (she looks amazing and can throw 20kg kettle bells around like you wouldn't believe) was brilliant as it has become a standing joke in our house that even after losing 93lbs I don't think you can see a difference. I still have a way to go but I'm determined to look as good as I can in my wedding photos next April and little things like this go a long way to keeping me focused.

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! It's so rewarding to get recognition like that, well done on your hard work!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss to date! That shows commitment!!! And that kind of recognition definitely helps your motivation stick around :)
  • manofpies
    manofpies Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Well done mate.. 6.5 stone is epic. Keep going (will you be changing your user name soon? :) )
  • sistersyd
    sistersyd Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great story! I don't even have the guts to go to the gym... I work out at home, and maybe I will get there eventually, but right now? No thanks...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!