How many calories do you burn while.....

Options
DANCING. I mean like going out dancing not taking a dance class? How many calories do you think you burn?

Replies

• stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i probably burn 1000 because i love to dance and once i get on the dance floor i don't stop. i'm ringin wet with sweat by the time i go home. all my friends have these cute pictures from going out... i'm a mess, wild hair, sweat dripping down, make-up ran off lol. it's a good thing my husband gets to see what i look like before we get there! lol
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    i probably burn 1000 because i love to dance and once i get on the dance floor i don't stop. i'm ringin wet with sweat by the time i go home. all my friends have these cute pictures from going out... i'm a mess, wild hair, sweat dripping down, make-up ran off lol. it's a good thing my husband gets to see what i look like before we get there! lol

Thats how I am...Its funny your dancing your thinking o yah i look good..then you go to the bathroom and its like yikes what happened!? lol. I think i'm going out tomorrow night and I'm wondering how many calories I could burn from dancing.
  • nikkia75
    Options
    im not sure but it would be interesting to find out im sure someone will be a long in a minute to tell us!

what i do know is 5 years ago while i was single and out clubbing and dancing 2 or 3 nights a week i could eat and drink whatever i liked and not put on an ounce! Now i only have to look at a cream cake and ive gone up a dress size!

wonder if my partner will let me start going again... although im not sure i have the stamina for late nights anymore ( i sound ancient...im only 34 :frown: ...)
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    im not sure but it would be interesting to find out im sure someone will be a long in a minute to tell us!

what i do know is 5 years ago while i was single and out clubbing and dancing 2 or 3 nights a week i could eat and drink whatever i liked and not put on an ounce! Now i only have to look at a cream cake and ive gone up a dress size!

wonder if my partner will let me start going again... although im not sure i have the stamina for late nights anymore ( i sound ancient...im only 34 :frown: ...)

I KNOW CMON someone tell us how many we'd burn! lol
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    this probably isn't the best way to track it, but i don't want to count it as exercise because i'm just doing something normal for me. i just say if i want to have a couple drinks while i'm out, it's a wash. i burn it all off more than likely anyways.

i'm sure a lot of people are going to tell me this isn't a good idea though, lol. i'm ready for the darts to be fired at me!!!
  • krislew
    krislew Posts: 46 Member
    Options
  • bambi5014
    Options
    The site says, if you weigh 200 lbs, 30 minutes of fast dancing... you will burn approximately 252 calories. You can enter in your own weight and how long, what kind of dancing, etc. to get a better estimate.