How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Ever since I started my new way of life back in April 2009, I have been a little bit obsessed with the ole scales! At first I was weighing myself about 4 times a day (!) but eventually I just started to weigh myself every day. I read it's best to weigh yourself once a week, or even every two weeks. The thing is, every time I work out a lot (I do 3-5 days a week of vigorous cardio) the next day I always am curious as to whether it has helped! I can't help myself :) I still weigh myself every single day in the morning, am I normal??

Replies

• marybethbeech
    Options
    I get on the scale AT LEAST once every day.... I know I'm not supposed to but I can't help it. I just "weigh in" once a week, though.
  • kann007
    kann007 Posts: 15
    Options
    I weigh my self every tuesday:)
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    It's best to weigh yourself once a week at the same time of day using the same scale.
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    I'm guilty too ~ every morning:embarassed:
  • jhollyw00d
    jhollyw00d Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I check in on my Wii Fit Plus every morning! :)
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I TRY to weigh in once a week, however at my worst I was weighing in 5-6 times a DAY. Now I weigh in 2-3 times a week.
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily too. It seems to help me keep on track. I don't think there is anything wrong with me! ;)
    Have you started taking your measurments? Try once every couple of weeks, and you will be surpirsed at how much more fit you are becoming!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty too ~ every morning:embarassed:

me too!!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I am guilty as well as far as weighing myself daily. I just like to monitor it and I am obsessed haha. I post my weight once a week when I weigh in with my support group on here but I do know my weight daily.. Unless someone hides my scale under lock and key I will continue to do so!
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every day to try to stay on track :blushing:
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i started out weighing myself once a week. then when i started seeing some results on the scale i became a little obsessed with that. so last week i started weighing like every other day. this morning, to my disgust, it went up for the first time. let me tell ya i was so discouraged! i don't want to weigh every day now. a personal trainer once told me that especially with women, it's important to forget about the scale for a while because you'll create stress about whether or not that number is going down. stress prohibits weightloss so you're just making it more difficult.

i don't think that you will necessarily see the results of your workout from the day before on the scale the next morning. i could be wrong.
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Every day when I get up in the morning...it helps me stay focused particularly if I reach my high, stop, take care of that few extra pounds.
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    i don't think that you will necessarily see the results of your workout from the day before on the scale the next morning. i could be wrong.

Yep, you're right :) I actually never do, but of course knowing how much i've dropped in 8 months makes me assume it is doing some good anyway. Still always tempted to check though just in case! ;-)

I really am going to try and only get weighed once a week, maybe every Wednesday or Friday. Very hard though, but I suppose theres less chance of the little daily fluctuations being noticed then!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I just got my first scale and yes, I'm incapable of skipping a day now! Maybe it's not the worst thing since I have seen upwards fluctuations and am learning to deal with that. I also think it helps me not be disappointed...I'm a slooow loser and I think I would be expecting bigger numbers than I'd get if I was weighing in weekly.
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    weigh myself twice daily i know madness but im just like to see the numbers go down and i like to keep track of my weight that i wanna maintian and all that :flowerforyou:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I weight myself everyday because it keeps me focused on not going back...when I reach target weight, I'll ease up
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    I believe today is the start of week 3 for me and I have yet to weigh in. Any more than once a day is a bit much in my mind. I used to weigh in once a day, but have decided that for me it's about WAIST not WEIGHT.

And I agree with stacyoct, undue stress over a weight swing is not good for you.
  • Dietprincess
    Options
    Yep ~ Scale obsessed! I weigh every day. Not sure that it's a good idea though cause if I lose, I'm motivated; but if I don't lose or gain - UGHHHH! It sort of derails my enthusiasm.
  • sarahricks
    sarahricks Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. Usually multipul times a day. I tried not weighing myself for a week and I just got off track.
  • Mommy08
    Mommy08 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Every day at the same time . . . I'm obsessed too but I'm learning that my weight can fluctuate adn when it does, it usually doesn't end up to be a good day for me. I think I'm going to try once a week :( But YES you are NORMAL :)