The Last 7 kilos!

Options
Hey guys!! I'm Ronny! :) I've been using MFP for about almost 85 days and i've lost 11 (24-25 pounds) kilograms so far!! But for the past 4 weeks or so, I've been eating more that i usually would (Normal food, not over the top) Like if i was in maintenance mode! I haven't gained any weight, but i'm stuck in between 66.5 and 67, and i can't find the motivation to get back on track with the diet. I used to eat around 500-900 calories a day before. On a normal day, i would eat 2500 when i was fat, but now, since my tummy has shrunk, 1200 is my limit, and i feel kinda too full at 1200. So how can i get back on track? I have just 7 kilos left! :(

Replies

• emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You need to eat a minimum of 1200 really, ideally between 1200 and 1500 for most dieters. Below 1200 calories and your body believes that it is starving itself, therefore it will hold on to the fat to try and sustain you for longer, instead you'll lose muscle, which is dangerous in itself, but this mode makes it incredibly difficult to lose weight! If you're really struggling to fit food in I'd reccomend eating food thats higher in calories but not too filling, then you'll be able to eat less food in terms of quantity, but still get into a healthy calorie range for losing weight.
    Ideally you should eat healthy foods until you're in the normal calorie range but if you really are struggling with this then try adding the calories in without eating loads! It can be as simple as putting extra peanut butter on a sandwich, sauces and condiments often have quite a lot of calories but they won't fill you up!
    But tbh I wouldn't really advise this as it could put you back on the road to gaining weight if you go overboard. Try building it up slowly, eat a little more each day till you're averaging about 1400 calories. Your stomach will slowly adjust to the quantity and you'll be able to eat normally.
    Also I don't think your stomach can shrink that quickly, a lot of this could be subconscious, in your head you're worried about over eating so your body is trying to pretend its full before it really is. Try and make yourself eat even if you don't feel hungry.