How to connect MFP to BodyMedia

Options
I recently got a BodyMedia Fit Advantage. I'm already an active member on MFP so when I saw that I could link the two, I got excited! Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to do it.. It should be as simple as clicking on the APPS tab on my BodyMedia account manager page and select MFP, but it's not showing as an available APP. I have BodyMedia FIT Activity Manager 3.8. Whenever I look up info on this is shows BodyMedia FIT Activity Manager 3.9, but I can't figure out how to upgrade to the 3.9! Grrrr..... Has anyone else had this problem?

Replies

• DL21Smith
    DL21Smith Posts: 27 Member
    Options
  • bwild92
    Options
    Bump. I can't figure it out either.
  • CindyVB5
    Options
    I have the same problem. I find the link to connect them but the app isnt listed.
  • emilysc
    emilysc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem. Any answers yet???
  • mzmarple
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia Fit that I bought last year, but just synched it to MFP the other day. When you're on the BM website in the Activity Manager, click on Apps, then make sure ALL is selected. There are 2 pages of apps, and MFP is on page 2. Click on "Learn More," then click on the Link button.

If that doesn't work, click on Help on this website and it will walk you through the process.
  • twobludogs
    twobludogs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem - it's just not there - not on ANY of the pages....it's more than a little frustrating.
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    Bump. I'm having the same issue.
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    I called BodyMedia to resolve the issue. I inherited my mom's BodyMedia this week, and wanted to connect it to my long-standing MFP account. I was not seeing the link in the App Gallery.

The reason I did not "see" the MyFitnessPal app in the gallery is because certain "group databases" do not have access to the MyFitnessPal link. My mom signed up to BodyMedia through Jenny Craig, which does not have access to that app at this time. In order to fix the issue, the representative over the phone had to cancel my current subscription and I had to sign up again under the regular BodyMedia site. He said I would receive a refund for the canceled account, and because my email address had never been used on the site, I got the first three months of the subscription for free (Promo Code: GFTFRMONTH). The old BodyMedia statistics did not carry over, but that wasn't a big issue for me since I'm just starting. I'm all hooked in, no more issues.

The contact number for BodyMedia is: 1-888-850-BODY and they have regular USA business hours.

Hope this helps!

NOTE: If you do successfully "switch" accounts, be sure to turn off the automatic login on the BodyMedia Sync program. Do this before you try to Sync to the new account for the first time. It can be accessed by right-clicking the BodyMedia Sync icon on your desktop, selecting "Preferences..." and de-selecting the "Keep me logged in" check box and clicking "OK". You can always check the box back on after you successfully sync to the new account. :)
  • Momof2grls75
    Options
    I just got my BodyMedia Advantage from Amazon and I'm having the same problem. I can't see the app at all on the Apps page in the Activity Manager. Anyone else buy theirs from Amazon and have this problem? Do you have to get a new account like the previous poster did?
  • lnettles87
    lnettles87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just got my armband from Amazon tonight...same problem. I emailed customer service and got a response stating that the MFP app isn't available to Jenny Craig clients. I responded stating that I'm not a Jenny Craig client and for them to advise how to solve the situation. I'll report back what happens.
  • lnettles87
    lnettles87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The bodymedia team updated my account information I guess and switched me to the non-Jenny Craig subscription and the app is now there and linked. Simple enough fix!
  • Hallie18
    Options
    redacted
  • Scrapdo
    Options
    I found a workaround!!drinker
    I can help you do this but I don't want to post it and have them shut down the loophole. wink Email me for solution.
    spamatt@gmail.com
  • Believeth64
    Believeth64 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    bump