Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

15min or less meals

OK so I am currently trying to make a list of recipes that take no longer than 15mins or that can be whacked in the oven wihin 10-15mins of starting and would love any ideas….

Why I am doing this???

Recently I have noticed a few of my clients saying that time is a massive issue and they feel that healthy foods are taking too much time or effort to prepare, so i decided I would make a recipe "book" with quick healthy nutritious meals.

I am more than happy to email copies of this to anyone who suggests a recipe and will stick your name on the page too!

If anyone would like a copy of the finished thing, please PM me…though I warn you I don't think it'll be done for a week or so!

Thanks

Adam

Replies

• sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    I am in. I will PM you. What great idea.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,457 Member
    pm sent.. tyvm!:bigsmile:
  • Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    In general if I am in a hurry I grill my protein, steam my veggies and make quinoa. I try to make a large batch of some grain(quinoa, farro, or brown rice) on a day off and keep it in the fridge ready to go. Grilled protein over bagged salad works. Eggbeater omelette is quick. The crockpot can be good as well.
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Fab idea!

Are you going for any specific type of diet when you say 'healthy'? Does it need to be under a certain amount of fat or have a certain amount of protein? And is it ok to use 'cheat' ingredients like ready-chopped veg and frozen rice because I rely on those things when I cook quickly.

These aren't so much recipes as ideas but:

Omelette - what could be easier? 3 eggs (or some combination of whole and egg whites), a little lean chicken or ham, spinach leaves, onion, cherry tomato, mushroom, leftover cooked root vegetables, takes about 5 minutes if you don't have too much chopping up to do. A dollop of cream cheese before folding it over.

Baked potato with beans and cottage cheese

Fried rice: frozen rice defrosted in the microwave (preferably brown rice), added to a frying pan with cooking spray, spring onions, some frozen mixed veg (carrots, sweetcorn, peas, broccoli), some cooked chicken if you like and one egg, keep moving until the egg is cooked and the veg are hot, season with soy sauce, black pepper, ginger and chili powder

Baked chicken: enclose a chicken breast in a parcel of folded kitchen foil with a sprinkle of salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme, tiny splash of water and optionally lemon juice, or a splash of white wine or a teaspoon of butter if you have the calories. Cook for about 20 minutes until juices run clear. Very moist. Can also cook carrots in foil like this and they come out delicious.

Light 'full English' (this takes about 15 minutes but you have to be good at multitasking so might be a bit complicated). Poach an egg, grill quorn sausages and bacon (all fat removed), grill a large mushroom and a tomato (or you can use tinned tomatoes, or chop and sautee the mushrooms in a little stock instead of oil), serve with wholegrain toast.

Spagetti squash: Cut the squash in half, scoop out seeds, roast in oven for about 30-40 mins skin side up then shred the flesh with a fork and serve as an alternative to pasta - I like it with a spoonful of low-fat pesto and some chicken breast. Yes this takes longer but most of the time you are just leaving it to cook.

I did have a super quick veggie curry recipe, I will see if I can find it.
  • BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Frittata: Take 1 cup of any meat you have on you (chicken works best), 1 cup veggies, then put cheese on top of these in a casserole pan. Coat with custard, mixed milk and egg, and cook for 30 minutes in oven

Homemade french fries: cut up potatoes, soak in water for 5 minutes, drain water, mix them with enough oil to coat and add seasoning salt. Cook for 45 minutes in oven. Nice as a side to steak.
  • AdamBellfpt
    AdamBellfpt Posts: 224 Member
    Thanks for your ideas!

@Athenasurrend: To be honest healthy is just healthy….I don't believe in cutting out food groups completely though I do get clients with various goals to change the amount they are having of certain food groups if that makes sense. In terms of recipes, we tend to use a traffic light system for meals and depending on what a clients goal is depends on what balance of green, orange and red we aim for…I think I have made it sound more complicated than it really is….

The aim of this is to find quick and TASTY recipes…I have a few but could do with help growing the list….Having spent the afternoon thinking about this I think I will also look at longer meals with less effort if that makes sense…so all ideas are apreciated?
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,457 Member
    Adam.. I hate to cook.. and I suck at it (just being honest) so I'm loving your idea about the 15 min prep... I'm not sure if this would qualify for you but because I work shifts I often eat salads at 3am or for breakfast lol.. so these might apply for the 15 or under?

and i love that you're just going to base them on "healthy" - there are many people who keep on eye on diff things (for me being Type II diabetic and having to watch cholesterol, I cant eat 3 eggs every morning lol and i have to limit certain foods like rice or grains, while others have different needs for their lives... ...so if the ones you can gather are simply "healthy" everyone can pick and choose what works for them, or adjust ingreds to their needs...

its good of you to try to do this... much appreciated!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/738594-more-salad-ideas-than-you-can-shake-a-stick-at?page=10
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Grilled tilapia with steamed vegetables takes 10 minutes tops so yummy and healthy!
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    You could include crockpot meals...there is one called 8 can taco soup...lots of beans and veggies..takes literally minutes to make and can sit in the crockpot all day.