my blood type o and carb

Options
2»

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    If I didn't know there is absolutely no reliable research backing the Blood Type diet, I'd love it. Fits me so perfectly as a Type O who does best on low carb!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    The Blood Type Diet book says type o, Meat no Wheat. I am type o and carbs just blow me up. Who knows if it is my blood type or just I can't do carbs.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Your blood type has nothing to do with what you eat. It's a genotype which determines a trait. That would be like your husband saying, "You have brown hair so you can't eat carbs." Eat carbs, keep your macros balanced and burn more than you consume.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I think he's confusing some of the information from the book Eating for Your Blood Type (which is controversial, as it is). It claims that people with type O blood thrive on animal protein, especially red meat. I haven't heard anything about it saying to cut carbs completely.

I have type 0 blood. I'm a bit of a carb addict, myself, but I do try to make sure my carbs come mostly from whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. I know that I also am a meat-girl. I love my animal proteins. But I haven't found it necessary to cut my carbs completely. My "goal" is about 45% of my calories from carbs, and when I follow my overall plan (especially the calories) I do just fine.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Yeah this is ridiculous. I eat a little carbs virtually every day and have been a vegetarian for over 25 years (absolutely no corpse and I am also blood type 0). Dr.s are always surprised at my age both how I look (dermatologists) and my excellent health (zero health problems). Of course my story is just anecdotal, but as far as I know there has never been a long-term study on the blood type diet. Although there have been a few on lower carb vegetarian diets and the veg. fare better than any other group so there might be something to limiting carbs a bit.
  • ghodgett
    ghodgett Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am blood type O also...and I think it is true...I love carbs....but if we are going to lose weight Use Sandwich thins Orowheat 100 whole wheat... only....100 cal.. fiber 5.fr.....sugar 2 gr.....or....Bakerys style tortillas...low carb whole wheat flour ...only 50 cal....5 grams fiber.. no sugar Both of these really help..and fill you up...