Snack attack! PLS HELP!

Options
Hey guys, I am at a loss for what to eat for snacks that is quick, easy, and cheap. My husband and I have been eating nature valley bars (he likes the oats and honey crunchy, and I like the sweet and salty peanut chewy), but they get old quick.

If you guys could please post what some of your favorite snacks are, where you buy them, and generally how much they are, I would REALLY appreciate it!!! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Do a search. People ask this question all the time.
  • Eafears
    Eafears Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    make your own popcorn, there are lots of variations that are simple and you can have 3 cups per serving. An apple with natural peanut butter is my go to.
  • MrFitness972
    MrFitness972 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Dry cereal and triscuits are good!!!!!
  • rabbit1951
    rabbit1951 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Grapes- eating some right now.
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just had a cup of tea and toasted ezekiel bread with a dab of butter
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Is there anything in particular in your diet you need - protein, low sugar, low calorie? Does it have to be a ready made bar, or have you any preparation area?

At work I always keep rice cakes, and some spready cheese in the fridge. 2 of those with a generous smear comes in under 100 calories.

A hard boiled egg is about 70 cals and great extra protein.

I like making little mini bags of my own with almonds, dried apricots, goji berries, roast soy beans etc.

A piece of fruit is around 100 cals, but watch the sugar and carbs if you're concerned about those)
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's "A ____ walked into a bar", they have pumpkin, fig, apple. My fav. I found these amazing Kale Thaigrrr Chips at New Seasons, 55 calories a BIG serving. Go Raw seeds. They are calorically expensive but filling. 180 for 1/4 cup.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I sometimes ate popcorn, I like it! I also ate sweets, just simple sugars like chocolate maybe, candies, hehe. Major sugar teeth right here. It doesn't really matter when it comes to weight loss. You just have to count it inside your calorie limit and you can ate sugars, if you don't have problems with blood sugar levels. I also like to ate fruits as snacks very much.
  • melissa5604
    Options
    Grapes, celery, carrot sticks, broccoli. Boiled eggs
    Dont laugh at this one , but our family loves boiled peanuts , blame it on my Mom, she is from S. Georgia. Just buy a big bag of RAW UNshelled peanuts and boil them in water for a cpl hrs with some salt..yum yum.
  • 6tassles6
    6tassles6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    High in sodium but I love roasted seaweed for a quick snack. Low in calories
  • greatdanebabies
    Options
    Most say fruit is best for a snack but I also like to get the 100 calorie snacks. My most favorite but most expensive is fiber one brownies. I think a pack of 12 is almost $5. at walmart and they are 90 calories. Others I like in the $2.5 range are chips ahoy thin crisp, oreo thin crisp, Keebler chips deluxe cookies, and cheez-it. I also love the 100 calorie individual bags of popcorn but I can't recall the price of them. Sun chips are not too bad but a little higher in calories for a 1 oz serving. Now all that being said I am not a candy bar nut however put chips or these types of snacks and I'm a happy camper. Me eating these type of snacks has helped keep me from grabbing that bag of doritoes and eating half the bag.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Air popped pop corn with real butter and kosher salt
    Fruit - apples, bananas, berries, pears, peaches, grapes, etc
    Veggies - carrots, peppers, celery, etc
    Almonds
    Pistachios
    Cereal
    String cheese
    Crackers
    PB oatmeal bars (recipe here: http://cooking2perfection.blogspot.com/2012/07/peanut-butter-banana-oatmeal-squares.html)
    1 slice of bread with PB or Nutella
    Cottage cheese
    Fudgescicle bars
    Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches
  • KL_24
    KL_24 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm really big on unsalted almonds! Quick, easy, and healthy!
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I have found that starchy snacks are the thing that held me from true success in the past. For medical reasons I am following a strict protocol right now that disallows dairy and the cheese I love is not a valid snack concept. I can however have a handful of nuts, or a few grape tomatoes, some roasted kale made with the seasoning mix I like the best, or even a few pieces of meat left over from dinner before work well for me and don't undo my progress the way starches used to. Good luck!
  • mllst18
    mllst18 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    make your own popcorn, there are lots of variations that are simple and you can have 3 cups per serving. An apple with natural peanut butter is my go to.

I love apples and pbutter, but geesh apples are expensive right now!
  • mllst18
    Options
    I'm really big on unsalted almonds! Quick, easy, and healthy!

I love nuts, but I hate the unsalted ones....wonder if it's ok to just eat salted ones anyway and flush the sodium out with water....
  • mllst18
    Options
    I have found that starchy snacks are the thing that held me from true success in the past. For medical reasons I am following a strict protocol right now that disallows dairy and the cheese I love is not a valid snack concept. I can however have a handful of nuts, or a few grape tomatoes, some roasted kale made with the seasoning mix I like the best, or even a few pieces of meat left over from dinner before work well for me and don't undo my progress the way starches used to. Good luck!

Do you have a recipe for the kale? I know that is very cheap
  • willwillywilson
    Options
    Grape tomatoes for me! They're good alone of course but mix them with some cottage cheese and you have the perfect snack. An entire pint has a tiny amount of calories too, under 100ish I believe.
  • mllst18
    Options
    I just had a cup of tea and toasted ezekiel bread with a dab of butter

What is ezekiel bread and where can I buy it/how much is it?
  • mllst18
    Options
    Grape tomatoes for me! They're good alone of course but mix them with some cottage cheese and you have the perfect snack. An entire pint has a tiny amount of calories too, under 100ish I believe.

Hmmmm.... cottage cheese... I don't think I ever really gave it a chance...was on a diet once when I was younger that forced me to eat it. Do you eat it cold or warmed up?