Anyone with 200 or more pounds to lose?

Options
For the last two days I've come to this board looking for some motivation, mostly I've found people with just a few pounds to lose, nothing wrong with that, but I don't feel they understand as much as someone else who is in the same boat at me, with 200 or more to lose.

I just spent a week eating whatever I wanted, I totally lost all control and I'm so irritated with myself right now!! I am half way to my goal, it has taken me 6 years to lose 127 pounds, I don't want it to take me another 6 years to lose the rest, so I'm feeling frustrated. I'm so sick and tired of hearing from people....."its easy for you to lose weight because you have a lot to lose" or "you should be losing 4 or 5 pounds a week because you have so much to lose". For those that don't know, no....neither of those statements is true....it is just as hard, if not harder (because of health and meds) for me to lose as it is for someone trying to lose 10 pounds.

One minute I feel so proud that I have lost 127 pounds, but then the next minute I think.....OMG....I'm still so huge, so morbidly obese and I have 126 pounds to lose yet. What most people smaller than me don't realize is I struggle big time to lose a pound, but can easily and I mean EASILY gain 10 pounds in a week. For the last week, I have ate 2300 to 3500 calories a day, and yes, I have gained 10 pounds in one week, I wish I could kick my own butt!!!!!!! It has taken me over 2 months to lose that 10 pounds, just to gain back in a week.

I'm just so frustrated right now and just want to cry, I'm so tired of being overweight, so tired of health issues......I will not stop until this weight is off. But just wondering if anyone out there can relate to what I'm going through?

Thanks,
Sherry

Replies

• moraldd
    Options
    Hi Sherry, I also have a lot to lose. I think the key is consistency and commitment and being realistic about your goals and being honest with yourself. The truth is, if you are ready you will lose the weight. The formula is simple, calorie deficit, that's all it takes but you have to be decisive, you're either ready to do this or you're not, flip flopping won't cut it. It's not easy but it is POSSIBLE. Feel free to friend me if you think it will help.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    No,I did not have that much to lose, but I needed to lose at least 70 to get to where I would feel comfortable, I did ok last year, but this year not so much. I know that you work hard to lose, just from being pals on here, and I know it might of taken you so long, but sweetie, look at it this way. YOU LOST. Even with gaining the 10 you LOST. So, you know what to do, sometimes I think "life" gets in the way and we do go off the wagon, but we can get back up on it. On The Biggest Loser workout for the xbox, they have quotes from past contestants and one was this "it doesn't matter how many times you fall down, what matters is how many times you pick yourself back up".
    I know you are frustrated, but please don't give up on YOU. YOU my dear sweet pal have every right to lose and feel better health wise and pride wise. You are a beautiful soul and I just know you will succeed. If it takes time that is ok, just know that you are doing this for you and that one day you will reach that goal. Take it one day at a time, even a second at a time if need be, little baby steps will do the job. I have faith that you will get back on track.
    I know this probably does not help at all, because I don't have 200 to lose, but I know how hard it is to lose, age, physical limitations, meds, etc. Hang in here and please DO NOT give up on YOU Just keep looking at the weight loss ticker you have there and be proud of you.
    Hugs and positive vibes being sent your way.
  • SherrysLife2012
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, I keep checking back here. I don't feel 70 is a small amount, even 20 isn't a small amount when your that person, so I know everyone with any amount of weight to lose probably understands what I'm saying and I don't want to exclude them. Just that 200 or more probably understand my frustration, but I know some people that only have 10 pounds left to lose feel just as frustrated, only they don't understand the pain of losing so much and still being morbidly obese. Everyone has their battles, some more than others, as I'm sure their are people out there with even bigger battles than me. I love all the support I get from everyone, whether they lost a pound or 600.

I really appreciate all your support, I really, really do, all your words mean so much to me and have kept me going all year. I'm just disappointed in myself because this will be the first weigh-in I've had this year with a gain at TOPS, so I'm just beating myself up.

My supporters mean the world to me, and this website has really helped me in saving my life.....especially with all the terrific people I've met on here.

Thanks again,
    Sherry
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yup, that'd be me! I started at 400 and I'm down 20 pounds so far, but I have a long way to go! And we're not the only ones, there are a couple of awesome groups for people like us! If you'd like, friend me and we can support each other!