Quick breakfast recipes?!

Options
Ohsilentheart
Ohsilentheart Posts: 24 Member
EDIT: I don't know how I forgot to mention this, but I'm also GLUTEN FREE!

I'm a full time college student, as well as working 3 jobs (at 70+ hours a week). I don't have time to make myself breakfast, but I'm sick of being exhausted by lunch time because of my lack of fuel.

I need super quick, super easy breakfast recipes! I can't have onions, tomatoes, olives, mushrooms or carrots. I'd love to hear some super filling breakfast smoothies - anything fruity that can include avocado would be great!

I also don't have access to a fridge or microwave at work, so nothing that needs to be made hot or kept cold. Thank you so much!

Replies

• jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    You may look into overnight oats...I don't eat them but I know people on here rave about them.
    Also, I like cereal and milk because it's quick and easy (I'm in college too). My favorite is Kashi Go Lean Original because of the fiber and protein. You could eat it before you leave for work.
    When it comes to smoothies I like one cup sliced frozen bananas, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, one scoop either chocolate or vanilla whey, and a tad bit water for the blades. Sure you could add avacado, but there are tons of recipes on the web too.

Other quick ideas with avacado:
    Since you like avacado why not some egg whites with guac (or avacado) on an english muffin or bagel
    Egg white wrap with whatever veggies you like and can have with some avocado or guac
    Pita with vegan/turkey/chicken sausage (or tuna if you like it) and again veggies and avocado
    These are all portable and you could heat the stuff up before you leave

Other ideas without the avacado
    Banana and pb on bagel/toast/english muffin
    Also there are energy bars (I like Clif Bars) that take no prep and are fast.
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I personally love no cooked oatmeal. You put it together the night before in a coffee cup and it's ready to eat next morning.

1/2 cup oatmeal- not instant
    1/2 banana or fruit of choice
    1/2 cup almond milk or milk of your choice
    sweetener of choice I use stevia
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Put in 1/2 of the oats then the fruit then remainder of oats. In a shaker put milk,sweetener and cinnamon, shake well pour over oats cover and put in fridge. Many like it cold I personally like it warm so 1 1/2 min in microwave and it's ready.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Find a gluten free tortilla/wrap (they have to exist). Add egg beaters (I use Southwestern), and whatever breakfast meat you want (Jennie-O turkey bacon/sausage?) Throw it all in the wrap! I put mine in a container and then bring it to work since I usually can't eat for a few hours after I wake up. If you cook the meat in advance like the night before or something, it literally takes about 2-3 mins to make. I make it while I'm getting ready for work in the morning. Simple!