Kind (?) neighbor

Options
2»

Replies

• _shortstack
    _shortstack Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what you look like- anyone exercising regularly is doing a "good job." Maybe she looks at you and thinks, "I'm just walking, maybe I should be running like she is. I admire her dedication." Regardless of how she meant it, all that matters is how exercise is making you feel, not what other people may or may not be thinking.

:drinker:
  • CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    If you can't give someone a thumbs up for doing something you think is good the world is worse off than I thought.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    i think what she's sayin is....good for you!!
  • thr33martins
    thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I teach fitness classes, and I know for a fact that, for many people, just walking in the door might be the hardest thing they do all day. That kind of commitment deserves to be applauded. And SO many people fail to exercise because they are too insecure to be seen doing it. The thing is, that most of us have struggled with our weight at one time or another, and the sight of an overweight person working out tells the world that you are confident, you believe in yourself, and you are a role model for others who are in your position.

NEVER be insecure about exercising. Maybe you feel like you are "the chubby girl" right now, but if you keep it up, you won't be for long. :wink:
  • murphette2
    murphette2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just to side with you. I am the queen of letting things bother me so I would have thought the same thing as you because the neighbor probably doesn't even comment when someone really fit runs by her.
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    She sounds lovely.

I have a suggestion. Next time you meet on a run, if you have the breath, why not ask her if she'd like to walk together sometimes? As a new mum, sometimes I get really lonely, I'd love for someone to make friends with me like that.