Body for Life anyone?!?!?

aubrey49
aubrey49 Posts: 4 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Is anyone on here doing "Body for Life" - the 12 week program based off the book by Bill Phillips? I'm in the middle of week four, just wondered if anyone else on here is along for the ride!

Replies

• Godsmonty
    Godsmonty Posts: 105 Member
    hi,
    i started body for life, today, february 1, 2010. i did it last year, but really not sticking to it well. lost no weight. but i did do it before i had my dd and it worked then. i am finding it more of a challenge now as a stay at home mom.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    I have the book but have never followed it precisely. Dh did and had some success though nothing permanent. There are some great food lists/menus in the book that i refer to, and i really like the weight descriptions. I'm doing the shred now, but i may refer to some of the diet stuff. Not sure if i would get much benefit from it though if i wasn't doing the exact plan.

Good luck!
  • apparatus195316
    apparatus195316 Posts: 79 Member
    I've been doing the workouts...EVIL!!! :sad: I was seeing pretty decent results until I started slacking about 4 weeks in...heh. I haven't been to the gym in 2.5 weeks. I'm starting again tomorrow. Good luck!
  • aubrey49
    aubrey49 Posts: 4 Member
    I just realized that there were a few posts here! I hadn't checked for a few days! I do think it takes some pretty intense commitment, and I think you have to follow the plan precisely to see major results. There are some good tips though, and I've found some great recipes on bodyforlife.com

So far, I've lost 17 pounds in seven weeks, and I'm still going strong. The free day keeps me going, and most of the time, when we get to our free day, we don't even want to eat like that. I think it's more of a "lifestyle change."

Whoever is doing it now, lets try to keep each other accountable!

Good luck everyone!
  • teri00
    teri00 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm finishing up my eighth week, I've lost 15 pounds and gaining muscle. I've done it before and had success, but gained my weight back, because I gave up and went back to my old eating habits. This time I hope to continue the program even after the 12 weeks. Just thinking of what I'm going to eat on my day off keeps me on track.
  • Godsmonty
    Godsmonty Posts: 105 Member
    i hope all who worked on their bfl program last year found success in it. i like it because of the bfl journal. i like the pre-printed space for planning what i will eat, planning exercise, planning to be nice to someone! i have started and stopped every time i tried it. i don't think i can start it right now with any intensity b/c i cannot figure out exercise with 5 month old and 4 yr old and hubby to care for!
This discussion has been closed.