pedometer

Options
I am a fairly new runner and by next week I will be able to run 30 minutes continuously, however, I am interested in races for the future (5k, 10k, and ultimately a marathon). I will start a new training schedule in two weeks, but rather than walk/run combos that I've been doing, it's designed by miles run per day and week.

Are there any specific pedometers that can log speed and miles? I have the nike+ on my iPod, but I run in asics and can't find a good pair or nike's for my feet, so that's the only one that I won't be using.

Is there anything that I could get that is not terribly expensive as I am a college student. However, if it is the absolute best one you swear by and you'd give your first born to have it, then I will look into it because I plan on running forever.

Thank you for your responses!

Replies

• mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If you have an android you can download endomondo. I have it on my HTC and I have it linked to my MFP account. When I have it on I have my phone in my bra as that is the only place that i will get an accurate reading of my speed. It does record how far you have gone and the speed you were going at all times. I like to have it when I take my workouts outside. You can access it on your phone and then there is also a website that you can view your progress and view the map of where you went on a particular day. Check out the website and see what you think. Best of all it is free.
  • meantforsea
    Options
    Thank you! I typically run in my yard, but I will check it out!
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting the omron jog style pedometer. You can wear it all day to track your regular steps then switch it to jog mode and it will tell you the speed and distance of your workout. It's pretty cheap and omron has a good reputation, but it doesn't come with website logging like some of the fancier ones.

http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJA-301-Distance-Tracker-Yellow/dp/B003IHWKSC/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1352027256&sr=8-19&keywords=omron+pedometer