Health Seekers

pettmybunny
pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So, I just started a class at the Y, called Health Seekers. For the low low price of $149, I get 12 weeks of personal training (one day a week, in a group of 10) and 12 weeks of nutrition classes led by a RD from the hospital. I got a 1 hour one on one with the dietician at the beginning and I'll get a half hour at the end.

The dietician stressed the importance of protein, and set me at 100g a day. 100g a day puts me at 25% protein. I already had my protein levels at 25%, fat 30%, carbs 45%. I had tweaked them off and on, and this was what I settled at a while ago (guess I'm smarter than I look, lol). I used to hit that every day, but since finding out about my food allergies, it's been harder, but I still get pretty close. The biggest thing that she changed, was to put me on 1500 calories a day, straight up. I don't get extra if I exercise. She also wants me to eat more snacks throughout the day. I used to do that, but had gotten away from it a while back. So, I'm working on it again, I feel like I'm always eating!

The personal training seemed really easy when we did our first week... circuit training. 2 minutes on the spin bike, 2 minutes doing crunches, 2 minutes doing balance things, 2 minutes doing squats, two minutes stepping up on risers (I raised mine, 2 risers under my step), two minutes doing push ups. Twice around the circuit. I did start out doing my push ups against the wall (I can only do 8 girly style on a good day), but the trainer pushed me into getting on the floor. At the end of the class, we got sheets with a workout schedule on it. After the class, I didn't feel like I got enough cardio, so I went on the arc trainer for a half hour. The next day I could hardly move! My quads were so sore it hurt to walk even. My triceps are very sore too.

According to the workout schedule, I was to do cardio and strength training the next day, and take today as a rest day. Because I was sore, I didn't want to do anything yesterday, so I took my book and plunked down on the recumbent bike (my standby whenever I don't want to work out) for half an hour. In consideration of the workout schedule, I did push the level up from 4 (my usual) to 7 (although I did drop it for about 5 minutes to level 6). Then I flexed Thursday's core workout to this day, because my stomach and back hurt less than my other body parts.

Today, I'm trying to decide if I should take the scheduled rest day, or push my (still aching) muscles by doing a strength training day. If I rest, I'll end up having to flex the rest of the week as well. If I do it, I can take tomorrow as a rest day, and get back to the training schedule they gave me.

Decisions, decisions.... Shoot, maybe I should have just followed their thing in the first place! lol
This discussion has been closed.