ANYONE KNOW HOW TO USE RICE PAPER?

Options
ANYONE KNOW HOW TO USE RICE PAPER?

Replies

• Isabelle
    Isabelle Posts: 102
    Options
    If it's what I think at, you boil water in a large pan and take it off the fire. You dip your rice paper into it for a few second till it's soft and take it off. Quickly wrap your filling into it. Use 2-3 layers. One is too thin.
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    If it's what I think at, you boil water in a large pan and take it off the fire. You dip your rice paper into it for a few second till it's soft and take it off. Quickly wrap your filling into it. Use 2-3 layers. One is too thin.

OK THANK YOU

MY SON AND I HAD SUMMER ROLLS THAT ARE JUST AWSOME AND WANTED TO MAKE THAM AT HOME. FOUND THE RICE PAPER BUT NO DIRECTION WITH THEM.I WILL TRY THEM TONIGHT. DO I PUT THEM IN THE FRIDGE AFTER I WRAP THEM?
    I AM ASSUMING SO SINCE WHAT I HAD WAS COLD.
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Make sure you keep the rolls under a damp tea towel after you make them or they'll get dry.
  • Isabelle
    Isabelle Posts: 102
    Options
    I don't know about how to keep them because the only time I cooked them, we eat them all!!! Taste so good!!!
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Eat them straight away. You can make them together - its kinda fun, like making sushi. Then you don't have to think about storing them at all!

You don't have to use hot water, cold water will work if you don't want the rice paper to get hot. You can even dip your fingers in the water and just use that to brush them wet if you want.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I had some rice paper vietnamese spring rolls last night....mmmmm so good!!
  • rmccully
    Options
    Make sure you keep the rolls under a damp tea towel after you make them or they'll get dry.

what is a tea towel?
  • annastasia76
    annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    a tea towel is like a hand towel but not made of terry cloth, instead it's woven
  • rmccully
    Options
    hey guys just wanted to let you know that i made rice paper rolls for dinner last night and they were AWSOME. yum so good.

i soaked them like you guys said worked great. thanks. oh and my 12 year old sone loved them