New at this, Hello!

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm Amber. I'm a wife and mother of a beautiful 6 month baby boy. Since having him I have been wanting to eat better, stay active, and feel healthier. So, I saw insanity on tv in August and said, "what the heck." Currently before starting insanity I have also been doing weight watchers. (which really has not helped much in the loosing weight area) The first round of insanity I lost about 10 pounds. I kinda forced myself to be happy with that and accepted the fact that maybe that's all I can really lose. I'm currently 193, started off at 204, so I'm making some progress. I would like to lose about 40-50 pounds. However, my concern is the combo of weight watchers and insanity...is that the best combo? I know insanity has the eating plan with it, but eating about 2100 calories a day, that's a lot of food! Any advice would be appreciated as far as weight watchers and insanity! THANKS!!!! :)

Replies

• mealerjl
    Options
    Hi Amber. I'm Jennifer. I am also gonna give this a go.
    I have 150 pounds to lose. Good luck to you. You can add me as
    A friend if you'd like.
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi. My first bit of advice is to stop Weight Watchers and use MFP exclusively and save your money! I lost a lot of Weight on WW twice, but always gained it back, and then once they changed to the points system, I never could make it work for me and still kept giving them my money anyway - always hoping this would be the time I would get it right.

I did Insanity earlier in the year and I applaud you - that was HARD!!! I did not even lose the 10 pounds during the workout that you did, but boy did it change my body and that is what I wanted anyway. I do not focus on the scales so much anymore. I judge me by my mirror, my clothes, and the way I feel every day when I hit "finish logging for the day."

Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like and good luck!
  • MaryAnn1113
    MaryAnn1113 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber,
    MFP has been a great site! I've been on here about 3 months and have slowly, but steadily lost about 18 pounds. I haven't changed my lifestyle drastically. I still eat what I want, just in smaller more controlled portions. I'm more aware of what I eat and I LOVE the support I get on a daily basis here. I have tried WW in the past, and lost weight, but gained it back. I'm too scared to try Insanilty! I'm still working on increasing my exercise slowly.

Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me. I extend that invitation to everyone.

~Maryann
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I actually am not paying anything for WW b/c I'm borrowing all the stuff from my mother in law, so that there is a plus. :) What are you doing that you have lost 34 pounds?? You look great!! Insanity is hard, but I have noticed changes in my body. I'm currently started the second round of insanity so I'd be happy with another 10 lbs. (if not more)

How do you add people as friends?? Totally new at this! THANKS!
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I see you figured out how to add me as a friend :)

I am following my diet with MFP and exercising regularly. I do about 1200 calories a day - some days a little more, some days a little less. I lost that 34 pounds from January through May. Since then, I have just maintained because I got yucky with my diet when I moved to a big town with lots of food places to choose from. In the last few weeks, I have really got back onboard with finishing up this first year on MFP strong and am doing good again. I never did stop exercising completely though so I was able to maintain that weight loss for the most part.

I did regular workout classes and the treadmill for awhile, then did Insanity, and now am doing BodyPump classes and the treadmill or running/walking outside while getting ready to do my second 5K. I also live in a campground full time and it has a lot of hills so walking the dog is a workout in itself every day.
  • lessofme150
    lessofme150 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have done weight watchers off and on for years, paying and just trying on my own. I have had success there but always gained it back. Doing MFP, I have lost almost 24 lbs since August and even when I do have bad days / weeks, I have not gained any of it back. I love MFP and will be here for a long time.

Feel free to add me if you like.
    Barb