What am I doing wrong?

Options
Hi all,
I have been back on MFP for about 2-3 weeks now. I am 73.6kg and around 172cms tall. I exercise 3-4 times a week either at the gym or long hard walks.
My problem is that in the first week I lost about 1kg but after that nothing has been coming off. My calories have been based around 1200-1400 (more if I exercise). My weight has been EXACTLY the same for almost two weeks and I don't understand why?
Anybody have any ideas?

Replies

• PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Same with me. The first time I was on mfp I lost nearly 30lbs! I've been back on for over a month now, and exercising WAY more now and all I've seen is 2lbs that keep dropping off and then jumping back on. I'm going mad!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Make your diary public so we can give better advice.
  • QuietLegs
    Options
    Would you mind opening your diary? It might help us give you better advice.

As is, the standard questions apply:

1) How certain are you of how many calories you're consuming?

2) How certain are you of how many calories you're burning?

Generally speaking, if you're stalling out on weight loss, one of those two issues is out of whack.

But then again, evening out for 1 or even 2 weeks isn't a huge deal. Weight loss is a long journey, not something that occurs overnight, or even every week.

Don't give up hope! Reevaluate, reexamine, and recommit to your goals!
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    It took me 2-3 weeks before i started losing
  • Sasha198
    Sasha198 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is Called Plateau:
    To “break” out of a plateau, one has to shock the body by doing things it is not accustomed to doing. If you are a runner who typically does 5km every few days, break the plateau by doing the 5km using intervals or increase your speed or distance. Or try a cardiovascular activity you’ve never done before such as rowing or boxing to shock your muscles into change.
    So 2 make it plain, you need to change ur routine a bit.
    Best of luck
  • LadyRhodes01
    LadyRhodes01 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I agree you have to do things your body is not accustomed to doing. Before I would walk on the treadmil, bike, and elliptical. Which stopped working. I had to incorporate running and strength training. I also had to either increase my speed and/or time weekly. Once I did that, I was losing quite a bit weekly. After time I also had to increase my calorie intake. Great success for you.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    This is Called Plateau:
    To “break” out of a plateau, one has to shock the body by doing things it is not accustomed to doing. If you are a runner who typically does 5km every few days, break the plateau by doing the 5km using intervals or increase your speed or distance. Or try a cardiovascular activity you’ve never done before such as rowing or boxing to shock your muscles into change.
    So 2 make it plain, you need to change ur routine a bit.
    Best of luck

No it is NOT a plateu...You just started, lost the fist week and nothing for two..... A plateu does not happen within a week...Your body does not have a calendar, keep doing what you are doing, take measurements as well adn keep at it - you did not gain the weight in two weeks....
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    As your weight isn't very high, I'd say you probably need to eat more. X
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    All good advice and also weight loss isn't linear. You won't necessarily lose 1kg or 2 lbs exactly every week. You might go a couple of weeks with no weight loss and then suddenly a big one. Just keep at it and don't get discouraged. You've only been going a few weeks so don't worry that you're doing it wrong. Good luck!