going on holiday ... diet?

Options
So guys, i have been dieting and exercising for about 2 weeks now and its been going pretty good, a few slip ups but ok otherwise. I am off on holiday to the Seychelles in a week, I will only be out there for a week but i was thinking what do i do about my exercising and my diet.

A part of me say well i will be on holiday so enjoy yourself, i have worked hard so go and enjoy! another part of me says i will set myself back and the last 2 weeks effort will all be wasted????

what to do?

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I went to Cuba for 2 weeks all inclusive for my honeymoon a few years ago and only gained a pound, and I think that was due to aeroplane food or something on the way back, as i'd lost that and more within a week of getting home!

Just make sure you swim a lot, and do some watersports. We went out on a pedalo, had windsurfing lessons, hired kayaks etc.

It was so hot I just wanted to eat healthy things anyway, and if I did have say some ice-cream, I just had a small amount.

Make sure you enjoy yourself though! I definitely had a fair few rum and cokes, and piña coladas :smile:

I'd love to go to the Seychelles....jealous!
  • Heather0123456789
    Options
    In July, I went to Bulgaria and Greece for 3 weeks. I ate whatever I wanted and drank tons of wine! Shameful, I know:). Anyway, we walked everywhere pretty much and I didn't gain a single pound! So I say enjoy yourself and just try to be as active as possible!
  • BIGPinLONDON
    BIGPinLONDON Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @ Danie - thanks for the response - i think i will stay quite active as im only there for a week so cant see myself sitting around too much.
    great point about the heat, when its hot i tend to eat more salads .... fingers crossed!

@hcsmiles - doesn't take much to convince me :) ... i shall go and enjoy myself and try to stick by the term 'moderation' as much as possible!
  • mrso97
    mrso97 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    stay active and drink alot of water...activity will be your saviour!!
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    If it's a week or two, my attitude is to enjoy my time off. For me the important thing is to get back in the pattern as soon as I get back, both with exercise and with food.

Today is the last day of house sitting for a friend. It felt like a vacation and my exercise and diet patters were completely disrupted. I gained 3 pounds.

I don't sweat it. I know will lose the three pounds over the next 10-14 days, as long as I get back to my exercise and diet.