Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

Lunch Ideas

Options
anbarnett84
anbarnett84 Posts: 2 Member
I work Tuesday through Saturday and don't have a fridge to store food in. I tend to skip lunch for this reason and I know that isn't healthy. I need ideas for things I can take that are low in both carbs and calories. I tend to take a lot of tuna fish and it can get old after a while.

Any ideas or sites that I can get ideas from would be great. Thanks all.

Replies

• Lena639
    Options
    Fruit like apples, bananas and kiwis and vegetables like carrots and bell peppers are fine without a fridge, and I usually take a selection of these with me for lunch. :smile: I sometimes also take half an avocado, but I spritz on a little lemon juice to keep it from browning.

I get my protein by hard boiling an egg in the morning/the night before (then keep overnight in the fridge), or a chicken salad (just lettuce, tomatoes, slices of chicken breast/ham/turkey if you want a change, maybe some cucumber and viniagrette). I'm not a fan of sandwiches, but those keep well too, and one slice of wholemeal bread is only 80ish calories, so that could work :smile:

Cashew nuts (unsalted) are really tasty and work well as a snack to take to work.