LOSING WEIGHT AND GAINING BACK.

Hi guys. I used to be 145-150 last year and I gaiend everything back. I am disappointed but now I'm catching up again and more motivated than ever. I am 5'6 and now I am flactuating from 157-160. I need to be 110-130 by 2014. This is my diet/fitness plan 2014.

oatmeal
yogurt
soup
dark chocolate
fruits and vegetables
almonds
chicken
fish
prunes
grapefruit
Silk Almond Vanilla
v8
Lean Cuisine
100 % Whole Wheat
Sandiwich meats
salads
water
crystal light
Brewed Ice Tea
Coffee

I zumba everyday for 20-30 minutes at home and Saturday and Sunday for 1 hour on Zumba Class with other people and do crunches on my bedroom. I can't walk because I'm in Alaska and it's snowy and cold outside. I don't eat more than 2,000 calorie a day and avoid fats, fry, junk food and fast food. Do you think I can do it? What else should I add to my diet?And what should I do so I won't gain back the weight I had just lose?

Replies

• quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Plan looks good except for "sandwich meats", just too much sodium,fat,and additives. Need to count the calories tho, even too much of healthy foods can put on the weight. As far as exercise Zumba is fun and a total of an hour of exercise a day is recomended to maitain a heathy lifestyle. Good luck to you!
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Watch your sodium. Get rid of the Lean Cuisines or cut down on them a lot. I'd also get rid of the Crystal Light, yogurt and oatmeal, etc.. lots of chemical sugars. Get your carbs from good sources like veggies as much as possible. Green tea has lots of benefits .. I would swap the brewed tea with brewed green tea. You may need more "good fats" like olive oil. Eat more calories - if you are eating fairly low and staying stagnant then bump the calories up. It can seem scary but it works for me and for many others (not everyone but give it a try if you haven't already).
  • I think you will do great! You can eat sandwich meat and lose weight . I have done it before. Everything is in moderation .
  • LadyRhodes01
    LadyRhodes01 Posts: 88 Member
    I think you can do it. Ditto, I eat sandwich meat and oatmeal daily and have lost. Not all sandwich meat is bad unless its bologna. I buy roasted chicken and turkey. It's good that you wrote your goals down, so you have a reminder. I do agree also with consuming more cals if need be. If your goal is working for you, don't change it. Good luck. Keep us posted with the progress.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    I agree with the moderation rule BUT when it gets to a point where you are really trying to buckle down and get those last pds off....You have to do things you haven't done and switch it up....So I do agree get those sandwich meats, breads, and lean cuisine out of there...Sodium is huge in losing weight...Yes you can still lose the weight but you are trying to take it up a knotch... Good luck to you hunn.... Acknowledging you need to change something up is the first step...I know you will be very successful in getting to goal...
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    I agree about cutting back on the sodium! You should aim for no more than 2,500 mg of sodium per day.
    Also, when you choose your foods try to pick items that have
    LESS THAN
    5g of fat per serving
    5g of sugar, unless its dairy then you can have 12g per serving and less than
    350mg of sodium per serving. Follow theses rules and cut your calories to about 1600-1700 a day and I think you will see a big improvement!

Try to stay away from as much canned, boxed, or processed food as you can. Stay away from juice, soda, and things like that. If you need a little flavor in your water, try adding a lemon wedge.
  • scrappy25
    scrappy25 Posts: 77 Member
    You need to eat at a deficit to lose weight, is 2000 calories a deficit for your height and weight? That's the first thing to be sure of.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!