...here's my life story...

Options
Well, this is my first serious go at a consistent weight loss program. I don't want to count calories for the rest of my life, but I do want to get to my goal weight and then be able to relax a bit from there.

I've tried programs before; only thing that worked was the Curves exercise program for Women. I lost 15 pounds! Unfortunately, right now my schedule is very hectic and I cannot attend a gym with hours that don't work with mine. I am a manager at Starbucks so I am on my feet all day, which I think has saved me from becoming HUGE!

At any rate, this is new to me, and a challenge. I don't want to obsess over my weight or what I'm eating, but if I can't exercise as regularly as I like, I know I need to eat less, and eat healthier.

I am 5 feet tall and used to weigh 167, but now I'm at a healthier 145. My goal is 120 (I can't go for less than that because I am very curvy and I think I'd look sick if I weighed 96 pounds...which is what my doc's BMI chart recommends).

I've made the transition from white to wheat, and to reduced-fat and reduced-sodium foods. I am eating more fruits and veggies than I ever used to (though Lord knows my mama did her best with me). Still, I have a hard time with portion control and "mindless eating". This site will help me, more for the food diary, I think, than the exercise part (because I do a lot of running around but it's not classified as any particular kind of workout...just work). It's humbling so see the numbers add up form some seemingly innocent foods!

Anyway...so I ended up here. If you'd like to introduce yourself, feel free!

God bless and best wishes with all your goals, too!

Sincerely,
Thielet (it's my name, it's French, and it's pronounced "TEE-lay")
:smile:

Replies

• Thielet
    Thielet Posts: 7
    Options
    Well, this is my first serious go at a consistent weight loss program. I don't want to count calories for the rest of my life, but I do want to get to my goal weight and then be able to relax a bit from there.

I've tried programs before; only thing that worked was the Curves exercise program for Women. I lost 15 pounds! Unfortunately, right now my schedule is very hectic and I cannot attend a gym with hours that don't work with mine. I am a manager at Starbucks so I am on my feet all day, which I think has saved me from becoming HUGE!

At any rate, this is new to me, and a challenge. I don't want to obsess over my weight or what I'm eating, but if I can't exercise as regularly as I like, I know I need to eat less, and eat healthier.

I am 5 feet tall and used to weigh 167, but now I'm at a healthier 145. My goal is 120 (I can't go for less than that because I am very curvy and I think I'd look sick if I weighed 96 pounds...which is what my doc's BMI chart recommends).

I've made the transition from white to wheat, and to reduced-fat and reduced-sodium foods. I am eating more fruits and veggies than I ever used to (though Lord knows my mama did her best with me). Still, I have a hard time with portion control and "mindless eating". This site will help me, more for the food diary, I think, than the exercise part (because I do a lot of running around but it's not classified as any particular kind of workout...just work). It's humbling so see the numbers add up form some seemingly innocent foods!

Sincerely,
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou: You will find this site very helpful.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I think you've taken the right first step. We can all relate to the diet routine story and for those same reasons we all enjoy the ability to visually track what we're eating and knowing what a true portion size is in our diets.

Welcome aboard and good luck.
  • danaanlugh
    Options
    Welcome! And good health to you!
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options

Sincerely,

I can relate to you. I am 4'10 and 169 lbs and I used to be 120 lbs and tried so hard to get under that 120 mark because my doctor and other charts showed that a person my height should be between 95-115 lbs. I struggled and struggled to get the last 5-10 off and I got discouraged and then personal things happened and then I got lazy and thought, really really believed, that I would never gain all the weight back. Well I gained 50+ lbs back and now I am trying really hard to lose it.

We are all here for each other. Good luck.