bump
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes.

Two eggs.
    Two scoops of protein powder.
    Little bit of water.
    Optional topping - bananas, blueberries, coconut chips, dark chocolate, etc.

Mix eggs, protein powder and a tiny bit of water in a owl until you get a thick, batter-like consistency. Then pour it in a pan and fry'em up. There. Done. Pancakes. Yes, it's that easy.
    You can even add oats, if you like them. Tastes alright, though personally I prefer just adding sliced banana on each pancake while it fries so they're nice and warm. Then I top it with blueberries and honey.

Makes one serving - well, for me, anyway. The amount of pancakes made depends on how big you make them; it varies for me, but I just eat the whole batch. ;D

Thanks!! I am def trying those tommrow after hockey!! Thanks!!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    have u tried protein pufffy cakes???? two eggs and one banana mixed together then add a scoop (25g) of protein powder,use a bowl big enough for it too expand twice its size.then microwave for 3 minutes
    These were too sweet for me, I think I'll try with 1/2 a banana next time.
    Protein pancakes.

Two eggs.
    Two scoops of protein powder.
    Little bit of water.
    Optional topping - bananas, blueberries, coconut chips, dark chocolate, etc.

Mix eggs, protein powder and a tiny bit of water in a bowl until you get a thick, batter-like consistency. Then pour it in a pan and fry'em up. There. Done. Pancakes. Yes, it's that easy.
    You can even add oats, if you like them. Tastes alright, though personally I prefer just adding sliced banana on each pancake while it fries so they're nice and warm. Then I top it with blueberries and honey.

This I will try, although I just add a scoop of protein powder to our Krusteaz mix.

Here is a protein cupcake that was delicious.
    I got this recipe from a friend so I can't take credit.

1 box of pillsbury sugar free devils food cake
    1 egg white
    1 can of diet/zero dark soda
    2 scoops of protein powder
    1/2c Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate chips

Usually yields 24 cupcakes
    Bake at 350° for about 20-22 mins.

You can also add more protein powder but you'd need more soda.
  • HoustonFemme
    Options
    Bump
  • ChristinaG100
    ChristinaG100 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is a WW recipe- Just add chocolate protein powder for extra protein and a bit more liquid.

Take a boxed brownie mix and instead of oil and eggs etc. add a 15 oz can of black beans. Make sure to drain and rinse the beans and than cover with water to the top of the can. Blend in blender than add to brownie mix. Add protein powder and liquid if needing.

20 portions / pan
    123 cals, 27 carbs, and 1 gram fat 2 gram protein ---- not including additional chocolate protein powder.

Easy to do and doesn't taste like chaulk. Just don't kill it with the powder.
  • nmtGurl
    nmtGurl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My favorite protein pancake recipe happens to be from Linda's Low Carb Menu and Recipes called, "JENNY'S BETTER THAN BOXED LOW CARB PANCAKES" (http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/better_than_boxed_pancakes.html)

2 1/2 tablespoons vanilla whey protein powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    Pinch salt
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon oil
    2 teaspoons water, optional
    Oil or cooking spray, for the pan

I have celiac disease and was using MRM protein powder since it is gluten free, but the pancakes were coming out a bit dry and can get clumpy just as a shake. My bf is a bodybuilder and uses a brand I've never seen or heard of ( Intek Evolution protein.) He made these the other day with his protein and some strawberries on top. OMG, they came out fantastic!! This protein doesn't clump in water and tastes freakin' awesome just with water, with milk it's like a dessert (carmel latte mmmm)! He said it has no fillers and 5 diff proteins. I don't know much about protein powders, all I know is, this stuff is soooo good and I noticed it cooks great in recipes. I'm just psyched it's gluten free!!! So now I've been stealing his, lol!

Ok, just looked at the label: 1 scoop has something like 160 cal, 34 g protein, 2 g carbs (1 sugar, 1 fiber), 1 g fat (no sat fat). And the proteins are Whey Isolate, Whey Concentrate, Potassium Caseinate, Micellar Casein and Egg Albumin. So anyone with dairy or egg allergies, this wouldn't be good.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I'm writing this partially because I'm bumping for the brownie recipe, but also because I just tried this protein pancake recipe last week and it worked pretty well.

This is the recipe itself:
    1/2 cup light cottage cheese
    4 egg whites
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/8 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract

This had 31 g of protein!

I made them that way and they were OK. Next time, instead of using vanilla extract, I used a scoop of vanilla protein powder and it was better! Plus I felt it was less runny. I wasn't able to eat it all. And I added blue and blackberries on top. I'm sure you could use chocolate if you want chocolate.

I'm going to experiment with adding bananas, peanut butter, whatever else I have in the kitchen.