agh... had a bad day... need some reassurance.

alright so heres the deal..
i woke up today feeling great, ate my normal breakfast and as the hours passed and it was time to get ready for the gym i started getting a pretty bad headache

by the time i got to the gym i really wasnt feeling good and during cardio it got worse. i was planning to do an hour of cardio but could only make it through about 45 min with about 130-140 BPM

and i couldnt do much of my ab exercises either

its okay to take it easy at the gym when youre not feeling 100%, right? im not lazy? and it wont set me back a ton?
im just beating myself up over it mentally

Replies

• Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    nope it's not gonna set you back..and I admire you for sticking with it that long not feeling well!!!
  • don't sweat it , you did alot more than i would have done. you made the effort , some is always better than none..pick yourself up and go on.:drinker:
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Any exercise is good when you aren't feeling up to it. Just eat a little less or exercise a little more tomorrow.
  • LCSoulkat
    LCSoulkat Posts: 89 Member
    Hats off to you for even sticking with going to the gym and doing the 45 mins.
    many people just wouldn't have bothered to even go to the gym and used the excuse of not feeling good.

Well done..Hope your headache got better.
  • momof4greatkids1
    momof4greatkids1 Posts: 88 Member
    You showed up, you did your best...forget the rest. Give yourself a pat on the back for sticking to your program even though you were not feeling well.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    thanks so much everyone <33
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Sometimes I have a great workout where I hit a new high and sometimes I just don't have much in me to workout at all. If you exercise a lot, you can't expect a killer workout everytime. Consistency is the key. I agree, it's amazing you lasted as long as you did not feeling well.
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    I think it is ok to cut yourself some slack when you don't feel good...you are doing this for a lifetime not just a quick fix I think you did great today and I hope you feel better fast
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    A headache can be an indicator that something is not doing well in your body. Congrats for not letting it get on the way but you don't need to punish yourself. If one day you're not feeling well enough then it won't set you back if you decide to stay at home or say, go for a walk. Listen to your body, there will be days you won't feel well enough to exercise hard, and it won't mean you're lazy. Something as simple as the seasons changing can make you feel weird.
  • head aches could indicate dehydration drink water get back on
    I fall off occasionally
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Some days are just like that! Slower days / rest days are really important also for your body. It's good to keep confusing your body too. You did great! X
  • alright so heres the deal..
    i woke up today feeling great, ate my normal breakfast and as the hours passed and it was time to get ready for the gym i started getting a pretty bad headache

by the time i got to the gym i really wasnt feeling good and during cardio it got worse. i was planning to do an hour of cardio but could only make it through about 45 min with about 130-140 BPM

its okay to take it easy at the gym when youre not feeling 100%, right? im not lazy? and it wont set me back a ton?

Lazy is the farthest thing from my mind to describe you! That was extreme dedication! Doing 45 minutes is amazing! I doubt it will do anything but help you more!

And I've got to say, I literally laughed out loud at your picture. Love it!
  • leafstucker16
    leafstucker16 Posts: 136 Member
    You stuck with it and thats a win in itself, don't beat yourself up over it, your doing great! Everyone needs to slow down every once in a while
  • I find that if I push myself to workout and I feel lousy doing it my body is telling me something. Get some rest. If you had normal tiredness a workout would probably energize you. Don't feel bad. I know that if I push when I feel like this it can set me back for days. It is better if I take a day like this off.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    alright so heres the deal..

Lazy is the farthest thing from my mind to describe you! That was extreme dedication! Doing 45 minutes is amazing! I doubt it will do anything but help you more!

And I've got to say, I literally laughed out loud at your picture. Love it!

haha thanks!! i love it too i laugh everytime i see it lol

youre all so great, thank you so much for the reassurance, i feel MUCH better now... and yes i think it may have been a little dehydration, trying to re-hydrate now :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    actually you may have done yourself a favor. An hour straight of cardio is not an optimal way to go about this deal.

After about 30 minutes, the gains from going on with a cardio session would be more for training and endurance purposes rather than pure weight loss.

You would be better advised to spend 20-30 minutes of cardio and then 20-30 minutes of resistence work even if its just body weight exercises
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Nope you are fine. You have to listen to your body, it does not mean you are lazy. Sometimes it's just fatigue or this time of year we spend some time fighting off cold viruses.

All you can do is the best you can do. Some days are better than others. This won't be the last one day like this, but usually these are few and far between if you eat healthy and get enough rest and sleep.
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    You are beating yourself up for NOTHING. When you don't "feel well", you body is telling you something.....and most of the time you need to "rest" for it to feel better:).....so rest up, push fluids and eat healthy for the rest of the day!