Quick & Easy (and filling!) Breakfast

Options
Hello, everyone. I'm new here.

I'm looking for suggestions for breakfast. I have no time in the morning, and I grow tired of oatmeal every day. What are some ideas for quick and easy breakfasts that will get me through my morning?

Thanks! :happy:

Replies

• KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I do string cheese and almonds, sometimes adding fruit such as banana, strawberries, or pear. Sometimes I just grab a banana and a "poo poo brownie" (Fiber One Brownie LOL) and run out the door
  • Ani45
    Ani45 Posts: 47
    Options
    Cereal + fruit or cup of coffee?
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (I prefer fruit on the bottom or side) or protein shake.
  • today6212
    today6212 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i hard boil 10 eggs on sunday so i have a weeks worth
  • firelle
    firelle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The hard boiled idea -- Was gonna suggest it but they beat me to it as I was checking my phone =P

Also prep some fruit cups during the weekend; maybe you can't do it with apples (sliced) but like some grapes in a little container
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    My breakfast is always quick and easy by necessity:

plain oatmeal and 0% plain greek yogurt
    smoothie with fruit, juice and 0% yogurt
    whole wheat toast with neufchatel and a poached egg
    fruit and yogurt
    unsweetend applesauce and oatmeal
    whole wheat graham crackers with peanut butter
    brown rice cakes with raw tahini and avocado
    whole grain cereal and unsweentened almond milk
    flax for life or a homemade, whole grain muffin
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    Oh, I totally forgot kefir!
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I do a protein shake with fruit and spinach holds me for hours after my workout
    my favorite is:

vanilla whey protein powder - 1 scoop
    blueberries frozen - 1 cup
    spinach raw - 1 cup
    splenda - 2 packages
    chia seeds - 1 tablespoon
    water
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    And don't forget a lot of those quick frozen things you can make yourself. When I had a waffle iron I'd find an awesome, healthy waffle recipe to make for breakfast and then freeze the leftovers... just pop them in the toaster oven and it's like they are fresh off the griddle!
  • mk_hammer
    Options
    I do string cheese and almonds, sometimes adding fruit such as banana, strawberries, or pear. Sometimes I just grab a banana and a "poo poo brownie" (Fiber One Brownie LOL) and run out the door

haha - "poo poo brownie"!!! I love it! :laugh:

thanks for the suggestions! string cheese and almonds sounds great and filling.
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

Hahaha I love it! I loooove Fiber One bars - I call them my "granny candy bars."
  • StefanieTCWC
    StefanieTCWC Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know you said oatmeal is boring, but with the cold weather coming it's sooo gooood! I do it with 1/2 sliced banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter and a pinch of salt with just hot water and 1/2 cup uncooked oats. I put it in a to go container and eat in the car! Its satisfying and just under 400 calories so it keeps you full for a while!

also, I like non fat european style (trader joes) plain yogurt with a touch of vanilla extract, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries or raspberries, and a crushed up nature valley granola bar (both of them!). again, just under 400 calories!

In a hurry? sprouted wheat toast (2) with 1 tablespoon almond butter and 1/2 tbsp pumpkin butter on each piece. exactly 400 calories!! (can also replace pumpkin butter for 1/2 banana thinly sliced, or fig butter is really yummy too!)

costco has harvest wheat cereal by kashi which is really good too. 28 pieces, with unsweetened soy milk and chopped pecans all for, you guessed it, 400 calories!
  • pickledginger
    Options
    There are lots of nice recipes for crustlesd mini-quiches -- make up a couple of different kinds, freeze them, and you have a good meal in a microwave minute or three.

Greek yogurt plus fruit and nuts is good.

Leftover veg stirred into a tofu or egg scramble - maybe with a little feta cheese - is quick and easy, too.
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    MMmmm chocolate fudge Fiber One brownie is yummy, just had one yesterday.

I do a small bowl of cereal, hardboiled egg with fruit, protein shake, sometimes just a big mixed serving of fruit, egg with a piece of toast, etc.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I usually have big breakfasts, but when I work at 6 my quick breakfast is usually whole wheat toast with peanut butter, cottage cheese and a piece of fruit.
  • obored1
    obored1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been doing an egg bagel breakfast, thin whole wheat bagel, 2 eggs fried, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, and fresh spinach leaves it totals 355 calories, yum
  • _lizzie_
    _lizzie_ Posts: 130
    Options
    Sounds weird, but I often eat leftover curry for breakfast. Takes like 2 min to microwave. Its awesome! I hate eggs, but my boyfriend can fry eggs in no time. You could also hard boil them and just keep them in the fridge to grab on the go with a piece of fruit.
  • mk_hammer
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I just found this online, and I'm going to try it this week!

Baked eggs in muffin tins: http://beautyandbedlam.com/baked-eggs-in-muffin-tins-homemade-egg-mcmuffins/

I'm going to make a dozen tomorrow and heat them up throughout the week. I'm thinking I'll use Canadian bacon and RF cheddar cheese. I'll post to let everyone know how they turned out!
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I just found this online, and I'm going to try it this week!

Baked eggs in muffin tins: http://beautyandbedlam.com/baked-eggs-in-muffin-tins-homemade-egg-mcmuffins/

I'm going to make a dozen tomorrow and heat them up throughout the week. I'm thinking I'll use Canadian bacon and RF cheddar cheese. I'll post to let everyone know how they turned out!

these are awesome!! i have made these many times!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    sludge! chocolate protein powder + greek yogurt + peanut butter
    I also like cottage cheese + pumpkin puree + pumpkin spice & sweetener of choice
    hard boiled eggs are good for on the go as well