It's Chocolate Cake Day!

Options
Some honk in HR decided it was Chocolate Cake Day here at the office. In our break room there are chocolate brownies, cupcakes, and just plain old cake with icing.

I'm not real big on sweets. I haven't had any, and don't plan to. But it's just annoying that in a world where the junk food marketers are much better than the healthy food marketers that a place I normally plan on there being no temptation is compromised.

Not only that. This is the same HR Department that spews weight loss, excersise, and nutrition tips in the monthly newletter, and also sends along the same stuff from our insurance company. :mad:

End of Rant, Carry on.

Replies

• EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    NOT RIGHT!! Start a RIOT!! :wink:
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I would not be able to resist! you are better at saying no to cake than I will ever be
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say- its not just your office. Today actually is Chocolate Cake day.

I'm trying to figure out who started this holiday.... Duncan Hines? a Bakery? or maybe just cake lovers?
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Oh, and good for you for resisting chocolate cake. I, too, would not be able to resist!!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Great. I read this post and NOW I WANT CHOCOLATE CAKE!!! If I am lucky, the feeling will pass before I go to the store today. I already have a plan in store if it doesn't. Little Debbie makes 100 calorie chocolate cakes, individually wrapped, so if all else fails.......

I do know what it is like to have temptation at work. It seems like every 5 minutes somebody is bringing pizza in where I am. Fortunately, it is usually pepperoni, which I don't care for. If it is Canadian bacon and pineapple or veggie, THAT is more difficult for me to ignore.
  • FitnessLuv
    FitnessLuv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WOW there is no way I would be able to resist a chocolate feast like that. I do have a sweet tooth and chocolate brownies are at the top of my "most wanted" list. Maybe you can put a note in the company suggestion box to have "whole grain" day or "veggie" day next time.
  • mkwade7380
    Options
    Some honk in HR decided it was Chocolate Cake Day here at the office. In our break room there are chocolate brownies, cupcakes, and just plain old cake with icing.

I'm not real big on sweets. I haven't had any, and don't plan to. But it's just annoying that in a world where the junk food marketers are much better than the healthy food marketers that a place I normally plan on there being no temptation is compromised.

Not only that. This is the same HR Department that spews weight loss, excersise, and nutrition tips in the monthly newletter, and also sends along the same stuff from our insurance company. :mad:

End of Rant, Carry on.

i knowexactly what you mean. This morning we had a Plant Communications Meeting like we do at the begining of every year. The second segment was from the nurse and health and wellness commitee. They talked about exercising, eating better and overall just getting healthy. They talked about some incentive programs going on to help motivate people to get healthy. It was all good, but on the way into the conference room they had table full of donuts, burritos and sodas. No fruit or anything close to being good for you.
  • r1chy
    r1chy Posts: 48
    Options
    Walk in to the Break Room and go mental. Throw the cakes around and smash it up.

When they ask why you did it just say " i am trying to lose weight and I am stressed. The temptation from the brownies pushed me over the edge and I lost control."

they might give you a psychiactric evaluation but it would be fun.

BTW I am joking before you actually do this and say "well i was on this website and Richy said...."

(EDIT Changed rest room to break room. I realised the American speakers may get confused about me telling someone to kick off with food int he toilet)
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Walk in to the Break Room and go mental. Throw the cakes around and smash it up.

When they ask why you did it just say " i am trying to lose weight and I am stressed. The temptation from the brownies pushed me over the edge and I lost control."

BTW I am joking before you actually do this and say "well i was on this website and Richy said...."

(EDIT Changed rest room to break room. I realised the American speakers may get confused about me telling someone to kick off with food int he toilet)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't know, you might have been right the first time-- putting the chocolate cake straight in the "toidy" would save a lot of trouble and temptation:wink::bigsmile:

BTW, I am happy to report that by the time I actually got to the store, I didn't even THINK of chocolate cake, so I was able to overcome the craving I posted about earlier.:drinker: :drinker:
  • weaklink109
    Options

I don't know, you might have been right the first time-- putting the chocolate cake straight in the "toidy" would save a lot of trouble and temptation:wink::bigsmile:

BTW, I am happy to report that by the time I actually got to the store, I didn't even THINK of chocolate cake, so I was able to overcome the craving I posted about earlier.:drinker: :drinker:
  • weaklink109
    Options

• BigdaddyJ
    BigdaddyJ Posts: 357
    Options
    I know how you can feel...the exact week that I decided to be careful about what I eat....the started free pizza fridays at work....the first time I had to get out and go eat my tuna on whole weat outside!!
    Mind you i'm in the military where they promote good health and exercise..But all little shops I saw have a canteen FILLED with junk : candy bars, chips, pop....I can't even buy a water bottle at my canteen if I forget mine home, I have to jump in my car at break and go to the store!!!