why the gain?

Options
DARN -- finally accepted I am only going to lose 2-4 oz. a week or nothing and then this week the scale is up 1 pound. Crazy because I know I didn't eat an extra 3500 calories and my food variety doesn't change too much. I have been struggling with the idea that I need to add calories and slowing trying to increase them....maybe that is it. For someone with a weight problem it is really hard to get your mind wrapped around eating more. (fears like the scale today creep up)

Anyway, rambling...just needed to get it out since the scale didn't start my day off right.

Replies

• Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    The scale can be demoralizing and counter productive. Perhaps you had an extra glass of water. Or the scale is off a bit. Or you have a brick of a #2 that needs to get out but not just yet. Enjoy that mental image everyone.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    my scale was up 7lbs this week... the storm blew threw the gym was closed i was sitting at home doing nothing and eating a lot of salty crap so my body is holding the water. i'll just step up my cardio and sweat harder and get the extra fluids out.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    It's good to track BF% or tape measurements as well. Weight can fluctuate for so many reasons.