JULY GOAL CHALLENGE (Mar.10th-Mar.16th)

Options
Good Monday morning fellow challengers! I am excited to start the post this week with a small celebration for myself!!!:drinker: I lost this weekend!!!!!:drinker: I am VERY excited! :bigsmile: For anyone reading who didn't see my previous posts, I had been stuck at a plateau for like 2 and a half weeks. This past week I had started to see the scale move a little but when I weighed in the morning, I'm down even more! So....here's the stats:

Started MFP (Nov.2007)--183 pounds
New Year (Jan.2008)--174 pounds
Challenge start (Feb.2008)--166 pounds
Last week (Feb.3)--164 pounds
This morning (Feb.10)--162 pounds
Goal weight (July)--135 pounds

Loss this week: 2 pounds
Total loss: 21 pounds:drinker:
Remaining: 27 pounds

So...I was happy to start the week this way! And honestly, I ate horribly this weekend and didn't work out once! But I think my body needed that little kick and hopefully getting back on the wagon today will keep the losses coming!!!

Good luck to all of you!!!! I look forward to hearing about your successes this weekend as well!! :drinker:

*Kistinbee*

**I also just wanted to remind everyone that I am leaving for vacation this Thursday and Wednesday will probably be the last time I post until I get back. So...I will continue to check and post today, tomorrow, and Wednesday, but then you won't here from me again until March 25th. So...someone will need to start the new post for next week (JULY GOAL CHALLENGE (Mar.17th-Mar.24th)).

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning fellow challengers! I am excited to start the post this week with a small celebration for myself!!!:drinker: I lost this weekend!!!!!:drinker: I am VERY excited! :bigsmile: For anyone reading who didn't see my previous posts, I had been stuck at a plateau for like 2 and a half weeks. This past week I had started to see the scale move a little but when I weighed in the morning, I'm down even more! So....here's the stats:

Started MFP (Nov.2007)--183 pounds
    New Year (Jan.2008)--174 pounds
    Challenge start (Feb.2008)--166 pounds
    Last week (Feb.3)--164 pounds
    This morning (Feb.10)--162 pounds
    Goal weight (July)--135 pounds

Loss this week: 2 pounds
    Total loss: 21 pounds:drinker:
    Remaining: 27 pounds

So...I was happy to start the week this way! And honestly, I ate horribly this weekend and didn't work out once! But I think my body needed that little kick and hopefully getting back on the wagon today will keep the losses coming!!!

Good luck to all of you!!!! I look forward to hearing about your successes this weekend as well!! :drinker:

*Kistinbee*

**I also just wanted to remind everyone that I am leaving for vacation this Thursday and Wednesday will probably be the last time I post until I get back. So...I will continue to check and post today, tomorrow, and Wednesday, but then you won't here from me again until March 25th. So...someone will need to start the new post for next week (JULY GOAL CHALLENGE (Mar.17th-Mar.24th)).
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Bravo!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Bravo!

Thanks!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    A weight gain:angry: I guess it's time to kick myself in the butt and start logging my food again. Since I was sick for 3 weeks, it threw me off the wagon and I have not caring what I ate. TIME TO GO BACK TO WORK.

Starting weight on 1-14: 176
    Three weeks ago: 163.7
    Two week ago: 162.2
    One week ago: 164
    TODAY: 165.4:explode:

GOAL:125:happy:
  • soccermommie02
    Options
    great work !!!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Congrats Kistin!! It is so nice to see the scale move again.:drinker: Have a great vacation!

I was out of town last week and I also didn't work out much and ate worse than usual. My body needed that kick as well. I dropped several pounds while gone and then gained some back over the weekend, but still ended up with a loss.

Unfortunately my elliptical machine broke yesterday and I don't think it can be fixed!!! :brokenheart: I will have to look into buying another, or just use the treadmill more. I have found they burn the same amount of calories using my Polar HMR.

Start MFP (Nov 07) - 182.5
    Last week - 158.2
    Today - 157.2 and another 1/2 inch off the waist

Goal - somewhere around 138.

Have a great week all!!:smile:
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    Awesome Job kisten and lizard...
    keep at it hheath... it will come off in time. You are still doing an awesome job!

Start of JGC: 182 lbs
    Last Week: 171 lbs
    Today: 168 lbs

Loss for the week: 3 lbs
    Total loss for JGC: 14 lbs
    Total loss for MFP: 22 lbs

I would like to be at 150 lbs by July so that leaves me only 18 more to lose! And then after that I will only have 10 more to lose to hit my goal weight. !YAY!

Have a fabulous week everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks so much for the support and praise guys! I appreciate it! Sounds like everyone knows what they are doing and will see greatness in the future! Keep it up!!

*Kistinbee*

P.S. Who can I count on to start the post next Monday? Anyone want to take it?
  • lizard9800
    Options
    Thanks so much for the support and praise guys! I appreciate it! Sounds like everyone knows what they are doing and will see greatness in the future! Keep it up!!

*Kistinbee*

P.S. Who can I count on to start the post next Monday? Anyone want to take it?

I don't normally log on until around 8:30am MST, but if I don't see a post by then I will start it up!
  • picklesins
    Options
    Congratulations! What a wonderful accomplishment!! Enjoy your vacation!
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    Well thought I had done well, only to discover that the scale still has not moved in over 2 months. Oh well I guess all I can do is keep on tryin'. Congrats to everyone who lost, and sympathy to those who didn't. Have a great week everyone.
    D
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Kistinbee!! :drinker: Sorry you are still stuck, dawn66. Drink lots of water, and maybe give yourself a cheat day or two! It sounds like your metabolism may need a kick in the pants. :laugh:

I had a pretty good weekend, capped off with the discovery on Sunday night that I can now fit back into a couple of size 14 pants that I had packed away in storage!!! That is an awesome feeling. (Though, it does worry me a LITTLE bit - I have a feeling that once I get back to around 170, it may be hard for me to keep myself motivated for that last 20-30 pounds. I look OK at 170, have some clothes that fit me at that size, and have spent quite a while at that weight. I'll probably hit a plateau when I get there, and then I will have to rely on you guys to keep me going for the next goal - a new wardrobe and healthier body!)

Anyway, took my weight and measurements this morning, and I still seem to be chugging along! Lost a half inch on both my waist and my hips.

Start of challenge (2/12 for me): 194.8
    Last week's weight: 189.2
    Current weight: 187.8
    July Goal: 155

We can get there! My knee seems to be behaving itself a bit better this week, so I am still doing the walking and working the elliptical back in. I have been slacking on the strength training, so I probably ought to get back to that as well.

I hope you have fun on your vacation, Kistinbee! I am in the midst of prepping for a big trip as well (we are going to South America for 2 weeks starting March 20!) so I am getting very excited. I have no idea whether I will keep losing while I am gone or not, since my routine will be completely different, but if I can maintain I will be happy. I will also try to remember to log in on Monday and start a post if I don't see one here already.

Have a great week, everyone!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks lizard! I just want to make sure that someone starts the post. So...everyone keep your eyes out! Thanks to all of you...I will have a good time! I'm sure of that. And there may be a little gain when I come back...but I won't let it keep me down or restrict my fun. It will all be okay! Good luck to all of you! Keep up the hard work!!!

*Kistinbee*
  • erin1205
    erin1205 Posts: 99
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just wanted to say great work to all those who have lost. And if you haven't, don't worry-just keep up the hard work and it will happen. At least that is what I am telling myself...:tongue:

I have been at a plateau of 178 for over a month now-it has definitely taken a toll on my psyche and I spent Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday avoiding the gym and eating like total junk. So this morning, I am forcing myself back on the wagon. Time to stop feeling sorry for myself, right? I weigh in on Wednesday, so I will see what damage the weekend did....

Have a great day everyone!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just wanted to say great work to all those who have lost. And if you haven't, don't worry-just keep up the hard work and it will happen. At least that is what I am telling myself...:tongue:

I have been at a plateau of 178 for over a month now-it has definitely taken a toll on my psyche and I spent Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday avoiding the gym and eating like total junk. So this morning, I am forcing myself back on the wagon. Time to stop feeling sorry for myself, right? I weigh in on Wednesday, so I will see what damage the weekend did....

You can do it, erin!!!! Stick with it...results WILL come! I'm here for you!!!:flowerforyou:

*Kistinbee*
  • erin1205
    erin1205 Posts: 99
    Options

You can do it, erin!!!! Stick with it...results WILL come! I'm here for you!!!:flowerforyou:

*Kistinbee*

Thanks kistin! :flowerforyou:

It's really nice to have support through this tough spot! I just got back from the gym and burned almost 1200 calories so I am going to spend the afternoon trying to pig out! :laugh: In a healthy way of course. I'm determined to eat every last calorie this week and see if that scale will budge....

Have a wonderful vacation kistin! Everyone else, keep up the excellent work!
  • rhondababy
    rhondababy Posts: 119
    Options
    This is all so great to read- inspiring and encouraging! Even the people who aren't losing like they want to are still trying, and not giving up!!! That's so important!
    I've been struggling with this process, but am staring to come down (very slowly) from weight I put on in Feb.

Started MFP Jan. 7th- 190lbs

February 7th 183lbs

February 20th 186.5

March 7th 183.5

But, I REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!
    Stay strong everyone!
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    WARNING!! Extreme complaining to follow!!!!

Why? I ask you, WHY?

Ok, so I went out and drank twice this weekend.... and I didn't work out for the last 3 days...but I did stay within my calorie range...

So, I ask why?

Why does the scale tell me I have gained 3 POUNDS!!!! :mad:

Ok, just had to vent... I don't record my weight till Friday so hopefully it will drop back down, but it still makes me mad.

On the upside, when I was changing in the locker room after working out, I had a woman, who I see there all the time tell me that I looked like I was slimming down. :smile:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    WARNING!! Extreme complaining to follow!!!!

Why? I ask you, WHY?

Ok, so I went out and drank twice this weekend.... and I didn't work out for the last 3 days...but I did stay within my calorie range...

So, I ask why?

Why does the scale tell me I have gained 3 POUNDS!!!! :mad:

Ok, just had to vent... I don't record my weight till Friday so hopefully it will drop back down, but it still makes me mad.

On the upside, when I was changing in the locker room after working out, I had a woman, who I see there all the time tell me that I looked like I was slimming down. :smile:

It will all be okay! I PROMISE! I had lost 2 pounds over the weekend and am back up today! My weight fluctuates so much it is so frustrating! :explode: So...I may not be over the plateau after all! :explode: We will see. I don't think I will worry until I get back from vacation! I leave tomorrow so today is the last day I will be posting! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! I will talk to you after Easter!!!!!:bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*
  • lizard9800
    Options
    I always weigh in on Monday. Inevitably I will cheat and look at the scale on Th or Fri and it always shows that I have lost another 2 lbs. Come Monday, though, I have put one of those pounds back on. I don't try to understand it anymore.

I found out something very interesting yesterday.... I wore my Polar heart monitor all day from 8am to 10pm to see how many calories I burn on an average day. Here are my results:

8am - noon = 350 calories burned (sitting at my desk)
    noon - 1pm = 128 cals (lunch and straightening the house)
    1pm - 2pm = 134 cals (walking around work)
    2pm- 3pm = 307 cals (hard physical labor at work)
    3pm - 4:25pm = 168 cals (desk again)
    4:25pm - 5:05pm = 180 cals (riding the stationary bike while talking on the phone)
    5:05pm - 7:30pm = 366 cals (dinner and driving into town)
    7:30pm - 8:50pm = 252 cals (orchestra practice)
    8:50pm - 10:00pm = 102 cals (relaxing on the couch with a beer)

A grand total of 1987 calories burned while awake for 14 hours. Add about 600 calories while I sleep for 10 hours (yes, I like sleep A LOT). That is almost 2600 calories burned in one day. For my activity level I normally burn about 1900-2000 per day. So I burned about 600 through exercise yesterday which is relatively close to what I had calculated. And I didn't even do anything strenuous. And I definitely did not eat enough at 1500 cals. I am still losing weight, but I think I am going to start eating a little more and see what happens.

Just thought I'd post my findings. These watches are really interesting.