NSV: I jogged a mile without stopping

Options
It's taken 48 weeks, and while I started doing the C25K program almost a year ago, I kept getting frustrated with it. So I modified it for me. I'm down 51 pounds this week, and feeling pretty darn proud of myself tonight.

Replies

• jmuhnie
    jmuhnie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    51 pounds is a great accomplishment! Jogging 1 mile is crazy far when you have a lot to lose.
  • wkrd
    wkrd Posts: 45
    Options
    Wow that is a major accomplishment. I just started C25K last week. It's all I could do to get through the minute and a half. Congrats on losing 51 lbs too. Your doing great
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous! Well done!!!
  • frameloss
    frameloss Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That's incredible!
  • Jane61849
    Jane61849 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Way to go! i am so happy for you, and before you know it, you'll have a new NSV, and it'll be "I jogged 2 miles without stopping" I know this for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up, and keep it going!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! (for both the run & the 51lbs lost)
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! WTG!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Way to go!
  • itsmedicinalbacon
    Options
    so happy to hear you have reached this goal!!! congrats and keep it up!!
  • litaita
    litaita Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have every right to be proud! And I may be on a similarly timed couch to 5k plan. ;) Good to hear about you rocking it this morning!
  • Buffy2point0
    Buffy2point0 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a wonderful feeling!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    You are just awesome! It's that simple. :wink:
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    You kick *kitten*!!!! Good work.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I jogged a half mile without stopping for the first time in years yesterday! You've inspired me to go for a mile next!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Both your weight loss and your running are a huge accomplishment. I recall the first time I ran a mile without stopping. Should you call a 4.7mph mile a run? I sure as hell did because for me it was HARD and it was something I had never thought I would be able to do as an adult. The best part about running a mile without stopping is that now you know you can do it. This knowledge can propel you through moments of future self doubt. Keep running, keep cross training, keep strength training and you will continue seeing improvements!! I can now run 4+ miles without stopping and have gotten faster as well. Keep up the hard work!!!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    That is an danged good feeling, isn't it? CONGRATS! :flowerforyou:
    I don't remember any other running accomplishment feeling as good as making that first mile without stopping.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of your accomplishments I know I had just managed to do the mile just prior to my injury and it was the best feeling! So congratulations and your weight loss is amazing!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on running your first mile without stopping! It's such an amazing feeling, isn't it? Next thing you'll know, you will be working towards running 1.25 miles, then 1.5 miles...and so on, and before you know it you'll be ready to face a full on 5K. Keep up the great work, since running does beautiful things to our bodies and shapes the legs and back nicely.

I started C25K in May of this year and "graduated" from it in the summer. I can now run for 4 miles without stopping. I NEVER thought I would EVER be able to run, since I was over 200lbs when I started.

Thank you for sharing your success. You are such an inspiration!!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Terrific! Your way is working fine. Keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!