post workout wash

Options
mica06
mica06 Posts: 50 Member
Ok so I've been noticing that when I start to sweat I start to break out on my face and I was wondering if any of you have experencied the same. And if so what do you use to wash your face and get rid of the breakouts. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• DaphneAtx
    Options
    This definitely happened to me years ago and I switched to a cleanser with no oil (Origins makes a great one) and made sure to wash my face as soon as I was done working out - don't wait an hour or two. These things made a big difference.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    The best facewash I've ever found (it helped my acne the most out of all facewashes I've ever used) is L'Oreal Go 360 Clean. I use the deep cream cleanser (the pink bottle), and it is a lifesaver. I stopped using it for a while and my face started to break out again. Now I use it regularly and it works like a charm. It does make your face dry so use a good moisturizer after.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    spectro gel, hands down. i won't use anything else. if i do, i expect to get a pimple!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Use a sweat band so that the oils from your hair don't run down onto your face (I know you'll look like a retro 80's dweeb, but I noticed this made a big difference for me and it's become my signature in the gym).

Also, find a good cleanser and a solid moisturizer for after your shower/bath/cleaning session.

I've also found that keeping my own sweat towel to wipe my face often while working out is another good trick.

:drinker: and more water.
  • mica06
    mica06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses,i will def be checking out those cleansers cause at this point I'm desperate for a cure..lol