Replies

• ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    It doesn't apply for me here in the Phoenix area. :(
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Well I am jealous. I absolutely *hate* the whole changing of the clocks twice a year. It serves no real purpose and just screws up my internal clock. :laugh:
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I usually sleep to celebrate that extra hour.
    So I'll be up as late as usual.... or actually I might even go to bed early because I'm extremely tired right now.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Arizona rocks. I like how they just say, "were not participating in that bullsh*t". And that's the end of that. Lol.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Not staying up, but my bike ride is starting an hour early.
  • HealthierHappierBrenda
    Options
    Omgosh, I totally wish British Columbia, Canada didn't participate either :P Arizona Rocks!!!!
    Arizona rocks. I like how they just say, "were not participating in that bullsh*t". And that's the end of that. Lol.
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Omgosh, I totally wish British Columbia, Canada didn't participate either :P Arizona Rocks!!!!

Oh no! BC doesn't? I have a couple of people up there that I am helping at work and I love that I don't have to say 4:00 here but 5:00 your time! CRAP! I'm in Oregon and I definitely celebrate by sleep.

A couple of years ago we were out and about at that time and the car's clock went from 1:59 am to 1:00 am it was pretty cool to see!
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    it is the worst when you have ot work!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

this.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Australian here and I LOVE daylight savings. It means that I can do things outdoors in the evening after work. And it's not daylight at 5am so I am not waking up way too early either.
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Australian here and I LOVE daylight savings. It means that I can do things outdoors in the evening after work. And it's not daylight at 5am so I am not waking up way too early either.

I don't like the fall/winter in Oregon. It is not fun for it to be pitch black by 6PM. I like having it be light out until 8PM.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I love it! .. means fall and winter are coming soon :heart:

and yes.. i do stay up :)
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I wonder what would happen if we all refused to participate. The time *can't* change if no one changes their clocks. :laugh:
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options

Agreed! I am working now but I get to leave an hour early monday morning!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Well your seasons are backwards anyway! :laugh:

With the advent of electricity, "daylight hours" are irrelevant unless you are outside, and it is TOO COLD in the fall and winter to be outside where I am! :tongue:
  • jiz35
    jiz35 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    No likey! Dark at 5pm and Grey's Anatomy not on until 11pm.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Ah just what I need an extra hour to stay awake...
  • smimo
    smimo Posts: 34
    Options

im working now. :( an extra hour tonite on top of my already 12 hour shift. boooo!
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options

You need to move to Creston. They don't do daylight savings. The highway dept has to keep moving the time change sign. It's pretty funny.